Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The day after.

A topic by A3rial created Feb 12, 2023 Views: 48
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted

Honestly, although the game title is "the Unfinished NadeJumping game", the game is... actually pretty finished. I mean, it's glitchy, it's messy and I so much want to rework it's mechanics and maybe change a part or two, but everything seems to be in order.

When I first started making it I quite literally thought to myself "well, difference between 2D and 3D game is just an additional axis."

Boy. Was. I. Wrong. Even though I had the benefit (in this case) of being unemployed, meaning I could push myself and try to work for several hours a day, out of 13 days it took to make it, most were spent just trying to make the character move like I wanted them to.

For example, the day before I submitted I thought it was all working fine and then I tested how player movement handled a sloped surface and poof, another day of digging through Unity documentation and tutorials to figure out something that I thought would be a "simple addon."

Still, having started learning C# less than two months ago and having no prior experience in programing, I feel like I made strides, big ones too. Definitely learned to manage my expectations though.