Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[ ! ] Pre-jam Introductions & Questionnaire! Sticky

A topic by lysander created Jan 19, 2023 Views: 1,481 Replies: 40
Viewing posts 1 to 38
Jam Host

Welcome to My First Game Jam: Winter 2023! For those of you just joining us, it's been a tradition to kick things off with a little getting-to-know-you questionnaire! For the first-time game developer, things can be pretty intimidating... which is why we want to show you you're not alone! This is not a required activity— it's just meant as a way to break into the community for returning jammers and newbies alike.

We'd love for you to share your influences, passions, and jam goals with the rest of us. Who knows — you might meet a potential team member, or even a new friend!

(These questions are entirely optional; they're just here to warm things up, so feel free to skip them as needed!)

Onto the questions!

1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself? 

2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?  

3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?  

4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?  

5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!  6. What are your goals for this game jam?

For returning jammers:

7. Any advice to new participants?   

8. What can the admins do to improve your jam experience?   

9. What are some of the past works you've made for the jam? Show off your favorites!   

10. Got any question suggestions? Let us know for next year!

Submitted(+3)

hey i am a young game developer from england my username varies but its usally deinz 

i didnt participate in the last jam you guys hosted in fact ive never participated in a jam but would love to 

my favourite games are assassins creed and imsomniacs spider man games if i could i would like  to make a assassins creed like game

my experiance with game dev is purely self taught thanks to youtube lol my game engine of choice is unity 

i am passionate about video games which is obv enough 

my goals for this jam is to finish and actually upload a game 

Submitted(+2)

Well, hello everyone !

My name is Charles, I'm also known as Tchaly by my mates, haha.

2. [...] What's your reason for joining?  

Mmmh I like to dev games and of course to play some (I like my standard games and can be really exigeant on modern games in term of game play, graphism, effects and whats the most important for me is the fun to play). I always tried to dev games cause I like this idea of tell a story or make a concept we could have fun with. I recently is really active (since 2020) I've made a few prototype 3D and 2D on different plateform like a Tetris (with pygame), a Puyo with Bittyengine, some GBA games (thanks to BPCoreEngine), I then followed course on Udemy to be introduced to Unity which is reaaaaally convenient and fun to dev with. My reason to participate is to produce a game (in a team, or not) and well, maybe stay in the community for a while ? 

3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?  

I played many games, they all of them inspire me of what I want to make (what I like to play) and what I don't want. I'm a big fan of RPG principle, Final fantasy was my furst crush, but what definitively stay is Ragnarok Online and Dofus. :)

4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?  

Mmh as I mention in 2. I have some experience, in coding and in game making, as a hobby. To summer up : PyGame, BittyEngine, BPCoreEngine, Unity. I did an arena game in 3D with PUN (Photon Unity Network) as my first prototype, some idea (5 classes with at least 3 skills each), but had some trouble with RPCs calls (I hadn't mastered the "host/server authoritative" principle, I think I know now). Then I tried a 2D arena game like  TowerFall Ascension (but with Warrior Healer class and a system of teams Red/Blue). I failed for the same reason. So I take a few course about PUN, and those course made me do my first multiplayer game in 2D (Topdown), i tested a lot of stuff for fun and tried to make it a game, haha ! To take a rest I tried a dev kit for making 2D/3D game. It was fun.

5. Tell us about something you're passionate about! 

I like dev games listening music, hanging on assets store gives me idea (epic musics, new or reworked cartoon or other assets is really really gives me the idea to make it alive). I mostly like to code and tell / make little stories. And, it is not a surprise but I like playing video games haha.

6. What are your goals for this game jam?

Most of all : have fun. Alone or in a group. And maybe exchanging with others in the community (helping or being helped ?) :)

Thanks for reading me and for making this event,

Let's Jam !

Tchaly

(+2)

Hi, I am Alex and I am based in New Zealand.

This will be my first ever jam! I am joining because I am a sound designer and composer and would like to gain experience being a part of a project while meeting new game devs.

I am a Halo fan and grew up with the epic music. I love the sound design of Doom Eternal, RDR2, and Elden Ring.

I only used Unity to learn basic audio scripting. I also have experience in middleware like FMOD.

Since this is my first jam, my goal is just to have fun making some cool sounds for a team. Looking forward to meeting you!

Cheers, Alex

Submitted(+2)

My name is Mikhail but I use Descriptor as username. I am a young dev from Russia.

2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?  

No, I didn't. I've never participated in game jams. Why not to try?

My favorites are Streets of Rogue, Cities: Skylines, and I think Minecraft. Streets of Rogue inspired me a lot.

I do. I have been trying to make games with LOVE, but it is kinda hard for me. Then, I went to Roblox. I mostly develop games on it. I'm also learning Unity right now.

I am passionate about video games and development of them.

Mostly, have fun and learn something new from other people. I also would like to fully finish the game.

(+3)

hi!! my name is aisha, but some opt to call me by my username, verbalchemy/verbal^^

yep!! it was the first jam i've ever joined :)) i plan on creating a more polished game. last time, i wasn't able to figure out how to add music and i really rushed my work! but hopefully i could manage my time better now!

one of my favorite games are usually horror which is weird because i can't play scary games TT the death mark series, faith, and ace attorney are the few games that are pretty up there for me! definitely, death mark's amazing art and lore made me want to learn how to create games like that! recently, i've gotten into ace attorney and i can say i 'm really into dialogue-based(?) games !!

i've only used renpy so far! last game jam i used visual studio code and had a pretty basic code TT i hope to maybe use gamemaker or adventure game studio ??  this time around (my mac is super old and dusty it's on its deathbed!)

well first and foremost i'm really an artist ^^ i joined last game jam to put more art stuff in my portfolio however in the process of doing so, i really enjoyed hearing what my friends and other people who were kind enough to play my game had to say!! i guess i love making stuff in general, and having people enjoy that is a big plus!

for one, figure out gamemaker! or if i settle on a different engine, i'd like to learn that! second, just create something that i'd enjoy playing. and third, add music to my game TT and hopefully finish it!

For returning jammers:

7. Any advice to new participants?   

i guess it depends whether you're in the game jam for experience or to really create a game. because if you're here wanting to create a game, then make sure to have great time management TT and don't be afraid to reach out for help from other jammers ^^ all in all, take your time learning and it's okay to make mistakes !!

8. What can the admins do to improve your jam experience?   

last game jam, i didn't really encounter any problems ! kudos to the admin staff for creating a good experience for newcomers,, i was super shy at the time and i super appreciated it!

9. What are some of the past works you've made for the jam? Show off your favorites!   

i've only made one game so far for this jam (and in general TT), and it's called suffocating !

10. Got any question suggestions? Let us know for next year!

none at the moment! ! excited to see the games created this time and super excited for the theme!

(+1)

1. Привет, меня зовут Марина Гребенникова. Я - игровой сценарист.

2. Ранее участвовала только в одном джеме и очень хочу повторить этот опыт.

3. Люблю симс и все , что связано с игральными костями.

4. Всё, что я делала в моём портфолио http://marina-scriptwriter.tilda.ws/portfolio-game-scriptwriter

5. По профессии психолог,  работаю бизнес тренером

6. Мне очень нужно больше разнообразного опыта написания сценариев к самым разным играм

Submitted(+2)

Name's Luis, I am a software engineer in Texas. My day to day is working on flight simulation software which isn't like making a video game it can be really involved and not always as fun as making a game. But I love what I do and I love to explore game development on the side.

I am joining in order to force myself to make a small game and release it. Most of my hobby projects have been for exploration but are quickly abandoned. This time I would like to make the scope small and hopefully have a few people play my little game. I am also open in getting to know other developers of many talents and hope I can work with the in the future.

There are so many. But recently I really enjoyed "It takes two", "Tiny Tinas Wonderworld", and "Final Fantasy 14". I would say It takes two inspired me to start working on developing games. I found the storytelling to be a delight and I liked the mechanics on each level. I wanted to learn to make mechanics like that and now that I know programming maybe I can help artists to make awesome worlds and such. It would be accurate that I am in a mid-life crisis hehe.

In simulations I worked with OpenGL to do some work with rendering the simulation. For my projects I have been using Unreal Engine 5 preview and beyond. The tech demo of Unreal Engine 5 really blew me away and I game myself the thought "might as well start now and learn this one". I have used C++ throughout my career so I am at home with Visual Studio. I made a rail shooter prototype for a Startfox-like game, and a looter  shooter. 

I love animation. It is definitely an amazing skill and it is beautiful. I love learning about 3D animation and had thoughts in doing some programming in that area. Unfortunately it is not easy to pickup quickly. 

I hope to learn more about game jams and see other projects people come up with.

(+1)

Hi!! my name's Elgar, call me whatever you want but just call me elg !

i've never participated in one of these before and i'm joining in hope to increase my overall game dev skills and work flow + speed throughout it. Plus I love new experiences

well i love subnautica and other games such like minecraft, muck, rain world etc. But it's more other devs that have inspire me.

well yes i do, i use the Godot game engine and i've made multiple 2d projects to get a feel for the engine. I've made a phycological horror game using the engine and i'm working on a larger project as of currently.

5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!  6. What are your goals for this game jam?

I love computers and i love just coding and developing games with new ideas and experiences and the pure freedom i have. My goals are as stated before to improve my overall workflow + speed and hope to use some of these in future applications.

(+1)

1. Hi, my name is Matthew, I'm currently a student, and I've dabbled in game development using Gdevelop, scratch and UE.

2. I did not participate in the previous jam

3. Most of my favourite games are from the mech genre, Armored Core V, Gundam Target in Sight, along with other titles have inspired me to start making games. 

4. My first project was on Scratch, we were learning how to use Scratch to build a platformer game, on Gdevelop I had worked with others to create a text-based adventure game, on Unreal Engine I have only got so far as creating levels. 

5. I'm passionate about almost anything related to the Gundam series, look forward to future games based on it.

6.  Learn to use Unity, have fun and learn to collaborate with others better.

(+1)

heya! Im solohe4arts! A trans girl who just wants to make some fun ttrpgs!

i joined primarily because i want to a) participated in the ttrpg community and b) make more games for people to enjoy!

not any in particurlarly, although shadows over loathing did prove to me that simplicid does not equal bad

i mean, its litlle, i literally wrote my first ttrpg just this month

i don't want to go offtopic but i do love games where you play as and control a bunch of people instead of just one player character ;)

to put out a new game and make a name for myself!

Submitted(+1)

Howdy Doodies! My names Timbo, I'm a 35 year old freelance artist who loves making silly stuff!

I've NEVER done a Jam before. I've started a million projects, I've worked with lots of indie dev teams, and every time the projects fall apart. So to prove I'm not cursed I thought I'd give this Jam a try! Seems like a good way to knock out a silly little project and prove to myself I can finish a little game/prototype! :D

Ever since picking up a dodgy copy of RPG Maker 2k back in the day I've loved the idea of making a game. In more recent years the rise of simply games with a fun feedback loop have given me more hope of actually finishing something (starting with an RPG making tool does set your scope FAR too big!)

So far my experience is SUPER limited. I can do the basics in Pixel Game Maker MV and most RPG Makers but beyond that I'm a bit clueless. My dyslexia limits my ability to look at code (even looking at normal text in chunks is a challenge so code is a nightmare) so I drift towards visual languages rather than code, even if they are more limiting.

Recently my obsession has been brutalist visual design. Stuff like 1-bit art or bit-crushed audio. I think Critters For Sale is a prime example of where my visual passion has been recently.

To create something. It doesn't have to be a full game, a prototype would be fine, but something I can show to others with pride at the end of this :) Meeting some friendly people along the way wouldn't hurt either! :D

(+1)

hey, we are looking for a 2D artist, we are 2 programmer and a composer, feel free to add me on discord : DavidDem#1538

Thank you,

David 

(+2)

Hi, my name is Berni! I'm a 29 year old self employed lady who has had experience in the events and entertainment tech industry (lighting and projected visuals for music events) but since covid hit our industry pretty bad, I found myself wanting to retrain in something else entirely - I just don't know what that is yet! Game design intrigues me, but I'd like try creating a small game before taking it further, such as taking a course in video game design.

This will be my first "my first game jam" jam :) My reason for joining is that this game jam is non-competitive and focuses on learning new skills.

My favourite games include:

- Yume Nikki

- Little nightmares

- Inside

I've had an idea for a Yume Nikki fangame, but I don't want to use RPG Maker 2k3 for this jam - I'd rather learn how to use a more modern piece of software (such as unity) as there seems to be more support for beginners like me.

Inside had a beautiful aesthetic and created an eerie and cinematic atmosphere, despite it having very simple controls. I'd love to be able to create something that evokes the same kind of feeling as I got from playing it!

I would not consider myself to have experience in game development. All my projects in the past have used bitsy game maker to trial out making my own pixel art sprites, colour palettes and use of interactive events, without learning how to program in traditional programming languages.

I love seeing how visual style, sound design and game mechanics contribute to creating a specific atmosphere that keep me thinking about a game even after I've completed it.

To learn how to use Unity, as well as figuring out what makes a game compelling.

Jam Host(+1)

Love to see that YN is still getting love all these years later! Welcome to the jam!

(+1)

Hello, I'm lokmjj3, I'm a 16 year old italian programmer that has just started learning how to use unity. I find programming and game development interesting and entertaining even though I've never actually finished any project I've started.

This is my first jam, and I decided to join so as to, first of all finish a project for once, but also to experience a new and different way of programming, as well as, if possible, have the chance to work collaboratively on a single project.

In general, I like strategy games, even though I'm really bad at them, as well as some RPGs and simulators. I've always wanted to try and make my own 2D strategy game, as well as a roguelike, maybe.

I don't really have much experience, I've made a couple of small prototypes in the past, but never really finished anything. My largest project is about 400 lines of code. I've worked mainly with Unity and C#, although I have used on a couple of occasions the python library of pygame.

Programming and math!

I would really love to find a team to work with, and actually create a playable game by the end of the time period given. I hope to be able to experience working constructively with a group of people to achieve the completion of a game.

(+1)

Hi, my name is David. I'm a computer science major just getting into game dev with Godot.

I've never done a game jam. I joined because I think it will be fun and I want to be a part of the game dev community.

Recently just completed Death Stranding on PS4. Wow, what a game! Hideo Kojima inspires me to create games. I'm a big fan of Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West, played through both of them multiple times. Too bad the upcoming Horizon game is only on the new PSVR though.

I have about 2 months experience working with Godot. Watched and read so many tutorials that are very helpful. Since I am pretty good with Python, using GDScript was easy to get into. Just needed to learn and understand how to use the game engine, and that is coming along.

I'm passionate about NFL football and game development.

I like the idea of having a theme and developing a game based on the theme. Even though the instructions say it is not required to stay on theme, I am going to stick to the theme. My ultimate goal is to create a game that is fun and playable, all the while learning more about game dev and the Godot game engine.

Jam Host

Recently watched my boyfriend play through Death Stranding; it really is an experience! Welcome to the jam!

(+1)

Howdy, I'm PragmaticZero. I am a 27 year old engineering student with an interest in game development.

Nope, this is my first game jam. I joined because I thought it'd be fun and a good way to help me focus on getting a project done.

Too many favourites to list but a few that had an impact on me are Deus Ex, Gothic 1&2, Doom 1 and Heroes of Might and Magic 3

Honestly not a whole lot of actual experience, I've been trying to get into game development for many years with little success but I've stubbornly refused to give up and keep trying to get myself into it. As for game engine I've use a few different ones but landed on Godot.

5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!  6. What are your goals for this game jam?

I'm not quite sure there's anything I'm extremely passionate about but I really enjoy art, both making it and seeing other peoples work and creativity. As for game jam goals I want to make something playable, not a high goal but as someone who has issues sticking to and finishing projects it'd be a massive step for me.

Submitted(+1)

Hi! I'm Brady and I am a high school student from Canada!

I have never participated in any game jams before, and I joined this one because I want more experience developing games outside of just school

I've played games for the longest time, in a wide array of genres. Sports games, FPS games, platformers, I've basically tried them all, but I always seem to return to rhythm games. Anything I make will probably be some game to do with rhythm or platforming, something not too surprising when you look at my top played games being Geometry Dash and Celeste.

I have little experience with game development specifically, I've only really made one game and it was for class using Processing 3. I plan to use that for this game jam and then maybe branch out to something else in the future

I'm really passionate about making a game with heart. Seeing games like Stardew Valley and Celeste being made and growing popular due to the clear love and passion the devs had for them always resonated with me and I want any product I make to show that too.

My main goal is to finish a product that works and is not overly buggy.

As a secondary goal, I just want feedback on my game, if I can get maybe 3 points of feedback from the community after the jam I would be happy

1 Rebelred (don't wanna say my real name)

2 sure didn't

3 Roblox

4 Scratch and a little of game maker

5 art

1. My name is Kyle. My initials are KGB (no, I'm serious. and no, I'm not Russian). I am in my Junior year of high school, and I am an American. You know, the guys with the correct accents*.
  2. I have decided to join the game jam because I've started making games, and I thought it would be fun to participate.
  3. I haven't played many video games, however, I have watched others play them. Some of my favorites are Rain World, Minecraft, and Backpack Hero.
  4. I have some experiance with game development, and am currently creating a game (https://richard-ingalls.itch.io/supertankz) in Unity.
  5. I am passionate about action, steep learning curves, and absurdly morbid humor. >:)
  6. My goal for this game jam is to make a small, fun game that people will enjoy.

*if your british, or canadian, or australian, i'm sorry, but your accents are incorrect. everything else is pretty great though! :)

Submitted(+1)

Hi I'm Lee! I've always wanted to make a game of my own and I felt like this is probably the best start!

I've never done a game jam and I decided to do this one because I have a lot of ideas for a game I'd like to make but I feel liek it'd be great to get some experience in first. I've never done anything like this!

I'm all over the place with games! My favorites include FEZ, Cadence of Hyrule, Apex Legends, SM64, and Powerwash Simulator.

I have very little gamedev experience, I've recently been trying to learn Unity. I've been following a lot of tutorials and whatnot.

One of my goals for this game jam is to get a feel of what its like to make a game like for real, not just in my head!

Submitted(+1)

1. Hey my name's Michael and my username is Loogi. I enjoy coding so I'm trying to motivate myself into doing more of that.

2. I joined this jam in hopes that I'll be able to push myself to practice more programming and game development. (and I also like jam)

3. I pretty much love all things Nintendo (except for their bad business practices). Outside of that, I'm a big fan of series like Kingdom Hearts and Monster Hunter. I've been interested in making games for a long while but I've never really tried to do it until fairly recently.

4. I've made a few small projects with Unity, Godot and javascript. Currently the main engine I use is Godot and haven't touched anything else in a while. I've uploaded one project which is a little Shinx that walks around on your desktop (coz Luxray is sick), other than that, I have a hand full of micro games that I've made which just sit on my computer.

5. Obviously games. By that I mean I'm passionate about all the parts that make up games like the music, art direction, gameplay, programming, writing and any other form of art that's used in game development and in what ways the contribute to the game. I just hope to pick up some skills and become more motivated with game development in this jam.

Submitted(+2)

Hello! I'm Jake, a US based Web Dev by trade with a long love for and interest in games. 

I've never participated in a jam but have been recently teaching myself Godot and would like a project to try to gain some additional skills and actually *complete* something regardless of how jank it ends up being!

Some of my favorite games are Dark Souls, Escape from Tarkov, Fire Emblem, Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, Darkest Dungeon, Sleeper Citizen, and a ton of others. All of them have inspired me in their own way but I think the games I played as a kid (SNES, N64, and PS2 classics) are what drove my interest in making my own. 

I have nearly zero experience with game dev but have been learning Godot!

I'm passionate about videogames, rock climbing, and playing / composing music

My 6 goals for this jam:

• Finish something
  • Learn a lot and push my boundaries
  • Try to fold in some sort of narrative
  • Try to understand particles
  • Keep my idea / project small / doable in the time I have
  • Have fun

Best of luck to everyone!

Submitted(+1)

My name's Troy! I've been interested in doing a jam for a good while, but I was too scared to actually join one, so here I am, minor coding experience and a ton of ideas for games going through my head..

nope, this is my first! I've been looking at this one for the past few jams and I finally decided to get in on it!

I'd say the one that made me want to try making games was Kirby and the Crystal Shards, and even though I no longer want to make a game in a style like that (especially for a jam), maybe someday I'll manage it :)

Experience with Godot, Unity, Ren'Py, and some older ones who's names aren't at the top of my head.. I made small rpgs with friends in godot, only made some code with unity, and I've only tested out alot of ren'py

My main goal is to make a full rpg, original characters and a deep story..

I plan to try something out on Ren'Py for this and see how much I like making this! Two weeks is definitely plenty time to work on it as well, so I think my game will turn out great!

(+1)

1) Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself? 
Hi, my name is Mateo. I used to study game development on an university but stopped because I can't afford it anymore. I've been wanting to participate in a Gamejam for so long and finally I decided to join this one.

2) Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?  
No, this is my first Gamejam.

3) What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?  

I enjoy a lot roguelites. Vagante, Enter the Gungeon, Noita and Darkest Dungeon are some of my favourites. I've never tried to make games similar to those, I need to learn a lot before that.

4) Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?  

I have a little experience with Unity and Construct 2. I made a game similar to "World's hardest game", a basic platformer, a basic car race game and a basic angry birds copy. Those I made with Unity and a basic platformer with Construct 2.

5) Tell us about something you're passionate about!
Besides games, I really love music. I'm not a mussician but I enjoy listening music so much and I'm thankful for enjoying a wide range of genres.

6) What are your goals for this game jam?
Learn something new, see what it is like making a game in a limited time and just enjoy myself.

Submitted(+1)

. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself? 

Hi! I go online as Jumatsuga or Ju. I'm 27 y.o, and I'm from Finland. 

This is my first Jam! I'm planning on creating my first visual novel with RPG elements as a team with my twin, Miira^^

I play a lot of games, my favorites being Overwatch 2, Night In The Woods, Undertale, and The Sims series.

I am primarily a vn writer, but I intend to expand my skills to coding visual novels. My plan is to use Ren'Py as my game engine. Miira is the artist out of the two of us. She is very skilled!

5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!  6. What are your goals for this game jam?

I want to create visual novels and learn! Telling stories is one of my dearest passions.

Submitted(+1)

Yello! Huggetz here :)

I've never participated in any game jams, mainly because it seems like much too much of a commitment. Buuuut I always wanted to participate in one, and I feel like this may be a nice entry point for me!

Growing up, my PC was super outdated, so I mostly played RPGs that dont require much computing power. Some of my favourite games right now are: Fallout 1, 2, New Vegas; Kenshi; Final Fantasy XIV; Dishonored and Sam & Max series.

I dont have a ton of gamedev experience and I started my journey in October, I only ever used Unity and right now I am working on an endless runner "Totally Ordinary Cowboy Runner" :D

I am extremely passionate about creating stuff. Whole reason I even got into game development was because I wanted to bring world I created for my DnD campaigns to life. I have been developing that world's lore for over 3 years now and I can fit most game genres into its confines.

For this jam I really just want to try making something small, but unique. Something I havent tried before. As well as developing my fantasy world even more :)

I hope everyone has a jamming good time!

(+1)

Hi! I'm Astra and this is my first game jam ever! Some games I like are omori, Sonic Adventure 2, and some other games! I have some small experience with the RpgMaker engine, (MV, XP, 2k3) and I'm passionate about art, video games, and music! I'm planning to use this as a learning experience to help me start making games!

(+1)

Hello everyone,

I'm Vincent from Philadelphia, PA.

I'm a boot camp student studying web development.

This will be my first game jam, and I have no game development experience.

My goal is to create and finish a game using JavaScript and to meet some devs along the way.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hi, I'm Jamie, a technical artist from China. I'm 25 now and my goal is to make simple and funny game!!!

I love Zelda, Splatoon 2,3, Hoshi no Kirby, Disco Elysium, Hades!!!

As for game engine, I have some experience in Pico8(Lua), Unity(a little C#) and Unreal(Blueprint). I'm familiar with materials, post-processing and vfx (I guess these things are not soooo useful in a game jam lol). I can also make some simple 3D models with Blender. 

I'd like to make a simple and funny game, maybe like... Jamie eating food and getting fatter and fatter (GROWTH)! This JAMIE can be anything. 2D or 3D game is okay!

Feel free to contact me through Discord(JamieWu#6659) ;-) I'm happy to make games with everyone!!!

(+1)

Hello everybody my name is Abderrahi, I'm a computer games application development graduate, class of 2021, trying to get better at participating in game jams. I figured this is as good a time as any to get serious about this so here I am 😅

Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining                       This is the first time that I have joined MFGJ, the only other game jam that I participated in was the Global Game Jam back in January 2021 

What games are your favourites? Did any of them inspire you, or make you want to make your own?                                                                                         I have some favourites that I grew up in mostly adventure story-driven games the likes of Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank, but I also like FPS games a lot, in terms of role-playing, I've only played action RPG games think the Witcher and Fallout 4.

Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?                                                                                                                         While I was in university I got to dip my feet into Unity and Unreal, but I'd call myself somewhere between a beginner and an intermediate level, unfortunately, I've never been able to get really confident around making all the subsystems work seamlessly

Tell us about something you're passionate about!                                                                                                                                                                                                             Well, I like games in general, and I'd love to be part of the game-making industry, the road to becoming a professional game developer is a long and difficult one but I'm not discouraged by it. I got my degree 2 years ago and I'm certainly not gonna stop here. Other than this I really like music and playing instruments. I'm still trying to learn music theory and guitar playing even though I've been playing for 3, going 4 years now

What are your goals for this game jam?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    To actually see a small project to competition, whenever I try to start a new one, I'm incapable of organizing my time and prioritizing tasks to the point where I start working on the art assets without having even a clear idea of what game I'm trying to make, which inevitably ends up in having a beautiful looking map but with nothing in it... 😟

Hopefully, I'll be able to do at least finish one game jam... This is the goal that I'm trying to achieve with this. I gonna be doing this on my own cause of social anxiety, but once I get confident enough I'm planning on looking for other team members to also get better at team working 

(+1)

Hi! I go by Aiye, even though it's not really my name. I'm a student living in South Korea 🇰🇷

No, I recently joined Itch. However, I wanted to try out something new and improve myself, so I ended up joining this jam. :)

I like a lot of rhythm games and cute attack games. <3

No, but I learn some sort of coding. I hope to learn more.

I like drawing and maybe reading, and playing video games.

I want to get out of my comfort zone and try things I haven't tried before. I also want to get better at making games!

Submitted

Hello! I'm Chris. I'm bad at introductions, but I'm really passionate about video games.

It's my first time. I actually started to learn to code less than two months ago, but, right or wrong, I kinda feel like I got a handle on things. I'm participating because I feel like time limit will actually force me to see things through rather than go too big and give up half way through.

My tastes are pretty broad, but recently I fell in love with Ultrakill.

Absolutely frickin' none. I once tried to do stuff in BYOND with no knowledge of programming, but my mental masochism days are over.

Disappointingly few things besides video games.

I want to try and do the entire thing from start to finish. I want to use the limited time to set an achievable goal for myself and actually see it through.

Submitted

My name is Paula, but my username is Auqia21

This is my first game jam. I joined because I was interested in the process behind making games.

At the moment, my favorite game is Blooming Panic by robobarbie. It's what inspired me to join the game jam.

I have no experience whatsoever with game dev.

I'm very passionate about reading. Fiction is where 60% of my thoughts are most of the time.

My goals are to finish a game. With all the new things to learn it's pretty discouraging, but I want to submit something by the end of the jam even if it's incomplete.

I'm Audrey. My usernames and nicknames usually consist of some variation of Dyingrat, such as Rat, Dyingrat9, and of course, Dyingrat. 

No, I didn't participate in the last jam, or any jam at all. I wanted to join because creating a game sounded enjoyable, and I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't found this jam.

Some of my favorite games are Doki-Doki Literature Club, which inspired the game I'm making a lot, and Stardew Valley, which is very fun but otherwise inspired me very little.

4. Do you have experience with game development?

No, I have no experience with game development whatsoever. This is a new experience for me, and it seems exciting.

I'm very passionate about writing and reading, simple things but enjoyable nonetheless.

To finish the short visual novel game I am creating for this jam.

Hey there, I'm Zerovio. I just finished high school, and I'd like to pursue this passion of mine now that I have more free time. As you can assume I love to play games, and I'd like to make them. I'm also interested in story writing, and a little bit in art, but less so in the latter. 

I didn't participate in the last Jam. I'm joining this jam as a way to try and hold myself accountable to get some learning done and begin my journey into gamedev. I've played with Godot a little bit, just with basic movement controls and lighting, so not much. I'm now moving to Unity for now, so that I can learn the basics in an environment with more resources. 

I really enjoy Skyrim, Minecraft, what I've played of the Witcher, Overwatch, Assassins Creed (especially the older one's), and many others. 

The only game that may corelate a little to my inspiration is Minecraft. With it's open ended sandbox nature, I began to wonder what I could do if I went beyond the confines of someone else's creation, and truly make my own. It opened my eye's to my current fascination with the concept of creating my own little world, not limited by the vision of someone else, or bound by the principles of reality.  While at the same time, including it's own story and background. 

As I said above, I have very little experience with Godot, and I'm giving Unity a go for ease of learning. 

I'm passionate about the limitless possibilities of game development.  Creating worlds which aren't bound by our laws of physics, and each containing their own unique story. While not anything may truly be possible given hardware and software limitations, the idea still stands that  games are a unique little experience, internally unbound by fact. 

My goal is to get a start to my journey. Entering this jam is a way to get myself started, as opposed to procrastinating eternally. I don't expect my first game to be a jam winner, or even a 3/5, but I do hope that it will provide me with feedback and a starting push in the direction of creating games I can be proud of, and others can truly enjoy!

(1 edit)

I'd rather not say my real name so just call me Amitri or Ami!

I didn't participate in the last jam, no.  I decided to join because I want to get into game development and I thought this would be a good starting point. I have an idea for a game I'd like to play so I'm going to adapt it with the theme.

All time favourites are hard but definitely the super smash brothers series (Brawl was the first game I ever played) I love a lot of roguelikes! and I just love games in general so I want to make some of my own!

The games I played didn't inspire the things I like to make except for the roguelikes!

Nope! First game ever! For my first time I'm using Godot but once I learn a bit and get better at C# and C++ I'll move on to Unity and maybe even Unreal!

Dumb answer but- Games! Just in general.

To make my first game and get better at spritework and pixel art!

Submitted

Olá, meu nome é Lucas Gabriel, moro no Brasil e mais precisamente no RN. Nunca participei de uma Gamejam, essa vai ser a primeira vez que participarei de algo assim. Meus jogos favoritos são Crash Bandicoot (principalmente a triologia do ps1) e Undertale. Desde que eu era muito novo via meu tio e irmão jogando crash, e fui criando um amor extenso por esse jogo, que faz parte de toda minha vida, Undertale foi o que me inspirou a começar nesse mercado, sempre tive vontade de criar jogos, mas o Undertale turbinou isso e me fez ir atrás mesmo de como começar a criar jogos. Uso a unity2D (já que o pc não aguenta 3D kkkkk), já fiz uns 3 joguinhos nele, e eles me ajudaram muito a ter uma base no progama. Em ver as coisas se darem bem, tanto na minha vida quanto a das outras, a sensação que tenho quando eu consigo fazer um sistema do zero sem precisar de videoaulas é muito boa! Nesta gamejam procuro ver melhor como funciona esse mundo que tanto amo.

Submitted

1) Hi I am Beatox, New game developer who only knows scratch blockcoding.

2) Nope, never have. This is my first Gamejam.

3)Well ages ago a Youtuber named Dani made a game about planting trees, I played it and remembered the game existed when I was coming up with ideas for my game.

4)I have some experience with scratch as I've said.

That's all I can say right now as I need to do something, I will update it later.