SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Sanoke's DevLog

A topic by Sanoke created Dec 21, 2015 Views: 713 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

Hello everybody,

This is our team's first game jam and we're really excited to be part of this amazing experience!

After some initial brainstorming, my team is intending to develop a game in the "bullet hell" genre. As we are still in the initial phase of planning and developing, there is still much more brainstorming and ideas generation to come/do. The setting will probably be in space (duh) and we have yet to come up with a cool storyline (so wait for it!)

My team will be using the libGDX framework (obviously) and coding will be done in Java.

Next, we will be brainstorming on some game mechanics and the basic interface of the game before we actually delve into implementation of the game!

Till then!

Submitted

Update: Well, our team has came up with a storyline, but that shall remain as an element of surprise, which will be revealed when you try the game out!! Hint: There's a spaceship and there are aliens in the game.

Coding is currently underway and we have designed 3 levels for now :) Our artist has been working tirelessly to come up with fantastic visuals and artpieces, which we could release some sneak previews along the way.

Stay tuned ~~

Submitted

First and foremost, a very Happy New Year 2016 from our team in Sanoke.

Update - We have added in level-to-level transitions/animations, music and sound effects, the ability to pause your game, implemented many different game screens (like game end, instructions, main menu,etc), make our aliens drop loot, and added animation for losing a life.

Till now, we have 5 levels. Our level designer has designed level 4 and 5 since the previous update. And then, our dearest artist has turned crazy and transformed the originally harmless level four into a level four from hell, where any lapse of concentration is punishable.. And his creative juices have further affected level five and the future levels. More level ideas are in mind, and that could go up to 10 levels probably.

More crazy stuffs coming your way!!

Submitted

After days and days of gruesome intense coding, our team has finally finished the game! Moreover, we have let our friends play-tested the game and received numerous feedback, to which we have better improved and polished the game! Now, revealing and presenting to you ~~~~ Living Space -- http://sanoke.itch.io/living-space

There are 12 challenging levels to beat in the game! Attempt to beat the game in normal mode, and upgrading as you go along! Don't forget to check out the cool data logger of the aliens at the hub menu too :)

When the going gets too tough, you can attempt the game in easy mode by toggling the "Easy mode" button at the main menu! In the Easy Mode, you will NOT lose any lives, though the life loss animation will still be played / shown.

What are you waiting for ? Test your limits, creativity, pattern-reading, intelligence, avoidability, reflexes, smartness, coolness in trying to conquer all 12 levels in the normal game mode! Enjoy it today~~~

Have a nice day!

Submitted(+1)

Hey, your game saved me.

I just wanted to say thanks! :)

You maybe wonder why:

My game wouldn't take any keyboard input on itch.io .. but I remembered that I played yours, and that it worked.

So I went and had a look at your index.html - and found the stuff needed to get it going.

I also posted the solution here: https://github.com/leafo/itch.io/issues/58#issueco...

Because that's what google came up with (but they didn't have a solution).

Thanks again, have a very nice day! :)

Submitted

Haha, we're glad you found a solution to your game!

Have a very nice day too! :)