Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[post mortem] prospector

A topic by MathiasKaindl created Nov 04, 2021 Views: 134
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted

First of all many thanks to the organiser for this freestyle jam.

I did not fully participate but I could at least shoulder surf other people to find inspiration & motivation to approach things differently.

I'm still working on the game engine with a very slow pace (fulltime employed, 3 kids and other excuses), for almost 2 years now, so even the unusual length of this jam (and the fact that I joined 5 minutes to dead end) was too short for me to squeeze in any objectively fundamental game content, but at least I have tried :)

An obvious outcome is: do not write your own engine! Use an existing one, unless you are not alone and you can work on the game full time + overtimes :D

Regarding my discipline, I just carried on with my usual schedule - 1-2 hours a day in the night. I completely failed to promote the game on social networks again. It's definitely not my area of interest, although I know it's inevitable.

From the content I made during this jam, I'm especially proud of the screen shake effect, mostly because every game had it except mine, so it's even now :)

I wish you everyone good luck with your projects and hopefully we will meet in other jams or next year same time. I will definitely join with the same project :D