Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Questions Sticky

A topic by dungeon created Aug 13, 2021 Views: 606 Replies: 24
Viewing posts 1 to 11
Host(+1)

If anyone has any questions about the jam feel free to pop them below and I will answer them as soon as possible. Don't forget that we have a Discord server too where you can ask questions as well: https://discord.com/invite/V9dZ8S7b73 

Thanks!

(1 edit)

How do you win this game jam? And what are the rating categories?

Host(+1)

Hi Burger Studios, the submissions are rated on: Overall, Fun Factor, Audio, Visuals, and Originality. The submissions are rated by the public :)

Thanks!

Submitted

How do you foresee tabletop games being rated on audio?

Host(+1)

Well I'll just assume they will all be fairly low, the rating topics were set before the introduction of the Physical Games section. It was added due to multiple requests 馃憤

(1 edit)

Hi, please tell me what is the prize if we win??? I mean, we are going to participate in this anyway..!馃き

Host(+1)

Hi a prize hasn't been confirmed, but I may give the overall winner a steam key. 

TY for the info...馃榿

Hi! Just wished to request you change the prize to any sort of Money  (it will be okay even if the prize is only 0.1$...馃槄) so that it could be fare for team projects as well! Can you please do this...?馃槉

Host

No I don't believe in capitalist gains

Kk, Thank You...

Submitted

Can I make multiple submissions/games?

Host

You can if you want but it is advised to only focus on one core project

Submitted

Are all kinds of mech on-theme, or do we need to make the humanoid anime inspired ones? Although I like the designs of Gundam etc. I'm much more excited to do something chunky and heavy like in MechWarrior etc.

Host(+1)

Go as crazy or as realistic to your mechs as you want, they can look however you want, don't need to just be anime like.

Is it necessary to have robots appear throughout the game? 

to appear at the end of the game and be able to fight the big boss?

Host

As long as a mech is in the game even as a final boss that's okay!

Submitted

Who can guess what my game idea is??

I鈥檒l give you a hint: its inspired by a classic game featuring an overpowered lightning bruiser up against swarms of enemies. Can you guess my idea?

I was reading the rules then it mentioned a livestream,  will all games be on the livestreams?

Host

Yes all the games will be presented on a showcase stream soon during the voting period :)

Submitted(+1)

Two quick questions :

- Can i re - use some assets from a previous project  ? ( in this precise case i have some explosion sprites and stuff like that i could re use if authorised )

- Can i use the jam's logo on a splashscreen/titlescreen to mention "made for mech jam2" ? 

Host(+1)

Yes reusing your own assets is completely fine and sure feel free to use the jam logo for the splash screen, that's a great idea!

Submitted

Thanks that clears things up :) 

i read the rules but i didn't see anything specified on this so i preferred to ask ^^

Hi! Just wished to request you change the prize to any sort of Money  (it will be okay even if the prize is only 0.1$...馃槄) so that it could be fare for team projects as well! Can you please do this...?馃槉