SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[ ! ] Need a Team? Check this out! Sticky

A topic by lysander created Jan 19, 2023 Views: 2,092 Replies: 53
Viewing posts 1 to 26
Jam Host

Team Finding

Making a game all by yourself can be a daunting task. Joining a team helps make the workload manageable and connects you with other people who share the same interests. If you're looking to team up with other people for this jam, here's the place to do it! 

Looking to create a team for your game concept? Post a pitch!

Say you've got a great idea for a game but you need some help accomplishing it. Here's your chance to pitch your idea to other jammers! Bear in mind that the bullets below are not rules but suggestions for what to include in your post in case you're not sure where to start. If you are someone looking to join a team, skip to the section below.

• Introduce yourself! Include any basic information you wish for people to know. I.e., Name, timezone, pronouns, etc. Or go all out and give your entire life philosophy; it's up to you!
  • Your game concept! It doesn't have to be fully thought out and realized— your team is there to help you flesh out ideas. However, it's best to have a working idea of your game ideas and goals so it's easier to find people to fulfill the roles you need. Images may help get your ideas across, so don't be afraid to use them!
  • What skills you have/roles you need filled. Say you know how to code, but need art assets, or vice versa. This is where you describe what kind of skills you have and need so others can apply to be a part of your team. Include stuff you know how to do, kind of know how to do, and are willing to learn.  Also include engines or programs (for any use, be it art, music, game dev, animation, etc) and languages you are familiar with or specifically require.
  • Preferred method of contact. Communication is one of the most important things in a team, so having a clearly established method of correspondence in your post is essential. We suggest creating a group discord server for ease of organization, but do whatever works best for you. 
  • Other stuff! Anything else you need to let others know, or anything you'd like to say! If you need ideas, consider communication styles, schedules, non-game goals, level of polish, etc.

Looking to join a team? Reply to a pitch!

Below each post, there is a small reply button that looks like this.

If you see a pitch that interests you, hit reply and follow up with your skillsets, maybe a portfolio, programs and tools you're familiar with, and contact information. It's that simple!

Team Tips & Tricks

• Communication is key! If you have concerns, frustrations, stress, other commitments, it is your responsibility to inform your team so they can help resolve the issue or accommodate. Most of these tips can be simplified down to good communication.
  • Can't do your part? Tell your team. If you have real life obligations, let your team members know so they can either lessen your work load or find someone else to help out.
  • Stay focused! Working together can be fun, but make sure you get things done! This is especially tricky for teams who know eachother well; sometimes the camaraderie can be a distraction.
  • Set clear, manageable goals. This helps everyone stay on the same page and facilitates productivity.
  • Dealing with stress/illness? If you have a history of health problems, whether it is physical or mental, please be up front about it. No one will blame you for needing to take it easy!
  • Use productivity apps/file sharing sites! There's a plethora of resources for effective team/file management. Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, and Trello are just a few of them. A list will soon be added here for anyone who wants to give them a whirl.
  • Again: file sharing. Mentioned in the point above, but important enough to warrant its own point. Using a file sharing service like Dropbox of Google Drive enables everyone to work on the same things at the same time as well as allow real-time updates. An artist can stick assets into a shared folder, thus allowing the programmer to instantly access it. 
  • Frustrated with your group? Nothing is perfect. Even with people you get along with, you're bound to have conflict. Keep a cool head and remember: even terrible game jam experiences have value. Be willing to carry on and don't give up!

Behavior & Conduct in Teams

Not every jam experience is a positive one, but we, the hosts, cannot micromanage teams or team discords except in cases of emergency. What happens in your group's discord chat is ultimately your responsibility, but if a team member breaks MFGJ's code of conduct, please let us know so we can deal with it accordingly. Remember: Discrimination or harassment based on a jammer’s prior experience, age, gender, race, religion, ability, or sexuality will not be tolerated and will result in an instant ban from both the official discord and the jam itself.

Submitted(+2)

Hey,

I'll maybe start the Jam with a Kings Arthur Gold game like. That's huge so let's maybe teamup ?

• Introduce yourself!

You can call me Tchaly ! 

• Your game concept! 

So what's come to me as first idea is to make a two faction 2D game (Red/Blue or an original idea maybe ?), not top down more like a plateform game like Terraria. there is two sides. Each faction fight for an amount of time, the faction with better "tickets" or frags win. Players can build structure to help their teamates. My idea is to introduce more fantasy RPG to Kings Arthurs Gold game. Like classes, levels, and maybe a system of carrying, certain player work to produce stuff and other to consume (the team should debate of who consume and who produce). It could be Free For All (FFA - every one join and teamup as they want) or Group joining based (some people want to join as a group). That's pretty all for the idea. I like 2D games and I think 3D games are just a type, as 2D.

So, to sum up, an RPG fantasy like rework of KAG (Kings Arthurs Gold).

• What skills you have/roles you need filled.

Everyone who want to contribute is welcome. I mostly will need assets (Sounds, BGM, 2D art). And coders, I can handle coding and I'll but every help could be appreciated, I mean if you feel it, let me know it !

• Preferred method of contact. 

I prefer to communicate via text, messages, so discord. We can make calls also.

• Other stuff! 

The most important part for me is to have fun.

Hi, i may be interested in joining the project, it seems really cool. I just need to know what engine you plan to use. I've never done multiplayer with unity but i could help if it's unity.

Submitted

Hey Hugo ! I plan to use Unity :). I must say the project wouldn't be finished in two weeks but we will try to make something at least !
I'm in the My First Game Jam discord (Tchaly#2327), MP me, will see what we can do !

Hi,

I’m Gabriel but you can just call me Gabe :) 

I’m very new to all of this tbh, so I don’t know a lot about coding yet :/ but I could help you out with the 2D’s designs. 

I really like your concept and would like to help you out :) 

Submitted

Hello Gabe !!! Well I'm glad to see that you want to be a part of this project ! 2D design could be really great !!

MP me on discord Tchaly#2327, we will try to plan what we can do !

Cheers

Heyo, I'm a Sound Designer and Composer and Id love to help out however I can

Submitted

Hey there !! Yep let's talk a bit and see what we will do ! ;) (Tchaly#2327)

(1 edit) (+1)

Hi! My name is Phoenix and I love your concept. I do not have any experience and I hope to be able to learn from you and the team. I will do my best to help out and not drag the team down. Hopefully I am not too late and is still able to join the team.

Submitted(+1)

Hey Phoenix, thanks for your interest ! I just woke up from one week mess. Unfortunately the Jam  is over, but if you want to learn how to make some game prototype I can give you some lessons and/or advise.

My discord : Tchaly#2327

Feel free to add me, I'll try my best to give you some good teach. 

Cya

P.S. : I'm fighting against a depression (it's getting better and better) so if I do not answer immediately this is why :).

(+1)

Hello! Thank you for the reply, I am glad you're getting better and better. I would love to learn from you :D.

Your discord isn't accepting friend request, I will leave mine here then: Phoenixuu#8378

(Remember to stay hydrated!) 

Hi,

I've just started learning how to use Unity recently, and would really like to step up my game and try to participate in a game jam. I have no real ideas for a game thus far, but still feel like working with someone else on this would help make the experience far easier and enjoyable. As I said above, I have some limited experience with Unity, having made a couple of 2D games, but in terms of all other game making aspects, I know nothing.

If anyone is interested, you can contact me through email (lokmjj3@gmail.com), or through discord, even though I don't use it much (lokmjj3#7260). I will also check comments on this thread, so you can comment down here as well.

Finally, do know that I'm a student, and as such won't have that much free time to work on this jam, even though I will try to do as much as possible.

(1 edit) (+1)

Hello everyone, this is really my first game jam. And I would like to find a team or join an existing one.

My role in this jam is the artist. I can draw pixel art or vector graphics, I also have experience with animations. There is also experience with the engine (Unity)

I'm a friendly person, I don't like conflicts, so you won't even find me in them <3 
I am a student, but I have the opportunity to jam in my free time.

You can contact me via Discord (ᎷᎧᎧᏁ ᏝᎧᏒᎴ#8298) or mail (m.o.o.n_lord@mail.ru)

hlo. I am aman and i am a game developer having experience of about 3 years. You can join my team. 

Send me request on :

Discord :  Amandead#4626

Hey I added you on discord

(+2)

Hi friends, we are 2 programmers looking for artists, designer, composer for the game jam, we mainly make roguelike games with procedural generation. If you are interested, feel free to reply to this post.

Thanks in advance for your interest,

David

discord: DavidDem#1538

hi composer here!

what is your discord ?

Hi! I'm interested. I've messaged you on discord. 

Hi! 

I'm 11 years old and don't know much about making games, but I would like to try being an artist!

Deleted 1 year ago

Hello ,

Music composer here. New to gamejam but accomplished professional musician. Would love to join a team. Can compose in a variety of styles. Let's team up!

Hi, I'm a relatively inexperienced programmer, I've done a couple of projects in unity in the past, but this is my first gamejam. I would love to team up with someone, if you're interested, please contact me through email (lokmjj3@gmail.com) or through discord, even though I don't use it much (lokmjj3#7260).

Here are some of my sound compositions:

https://noahadamsfilmmusic.bandcamp.com/album/film-samples

My email is contactingnoah@gmail.com if anyone wants to team up

Lets make something cool!

(2 edits)

Hey! MonteJaran2001    and I are looking at starting a team and would love if you would join us. My discord is: YungTseTse#6206

(+1)

Hi! I'm Steven. I have a pitch for a game that I think could be really fun!

The concept:

RANDAL (working title)

A side scrolling stealth action game with a pixel art style. You play as Randal the vampire in a fictional small town in Alaska. Randal slept too late and has limited time to feed before the sun comes up. The goal of the game is to stealthily eat as many people as possible before the time limit ends. OR the goal is to eat everyone as fast as possible. If you're caught, Randal is stunned then burned alive. The locations of the people are procedurally generated each time on the same map. Players' times and scores will be recorded. 

Skills/Roles:

Truthfully, I know nothing about making games. It is my dream job though. My hope is to one day be a creative writer for the industry. Is there anyone interested in helping me bring this game to life? I'm looking to learn about the process and I want to help in anyway possible.

Method of contact :

Please reply for my discord :)

Hi, I might be interested to help you. I'm a relatively inexperienced unity programmer, and would really like to join a team. Your idea sounds really cool. Although I may not have the skills to bring all of this alive in the allotted time on my own, I would like to at least try to help you. If you're interested in this collaboration, you can contact me through email (lokmjj3@gmail.com) or through discord, even though I don't use it much (lokmjj3#7260). I will also be checking your replies, so if you want, you can just reply with your info, and I can contact you.

Deleted 1 year ago

Hi!

It would be appreciated if anyone wants to help out!

Engine

for this project i will be using GB Studio. 

My Pitch
I would like to make a platformer side scroller inspired by other gameboy platformers. My idea is to make a world map with 4 key areas (4 levels) that have a key once completed which open up the spire which is a tall tower for the final boss.

Roles needed

I need a music composer to make gb music, a spriter (sprites and tilemap help), and overall help with gb studio project. 

My discord is Turbostar#2499 But please reply first if possible! 

(1 edit)

Hi, I would be interested in composing for you, my discord is GameGear#0410

Deleted 1 year ago

hi, I'm interested by your offer, I added you on discord! 

Hi I am a 12 year old python programmer looking for a 2D game asset designer and a sound composer.

(1 edit)

Hello, my name is a StealWar and I would like to participate in my first game jam.  I started learning Unity and C#.  I started developing my own pixel art game.  If you need my help, I'll be glad to join.

Hi! Just curious, Where you responding to my pitch post? 

Hi, I didn't reply to your post.  I just made a mistake in writing my post :)

(1 edit)

Yea your help will be very nice

should we exchange discords

(+1)

There is one problem, my English is not at the strongest level. I can communicate through an interpreter. If this is not a problem then I will gladly try to help.

Yea that's fine my discord is upside#7713

Okay, then tomorrow I'll create a discord account and write to you :)

HELLO! i wood like some help bc i have never bin on a teem before. i only know block coding, manly https://arcade.makecode.com/#

Submitted (1 edit) (+3)

Hi, I'm Jamie, a very veeeerry beautiful coder and artist from China. 

As for game engine, I have some experience in Pico8(Lua), Unity(a little C#) and Unreal(Blueprint). I'm familiar with materials, post-processing and vfx (I guess these things are not soooo useful in a game jam lol). I can also make some simple 3D models with Blender. 

I'd like to make a simple and funny game, maybe like... Jamie eating food and getting fatter and fatter (GROWTH)! This JAMIE can be anything. 2D or 3D game is okay!

No matter what skills you have, or you just want to share ideas / experiences, feel free to contact me through Discord(JamieWu#6659) ;-) I'm happy to make games with everyone!!!

It's me, Jamie!

(1 edit)

Hello there!
I'm  Dejan Radoman from Montenegro. This is not my first game jam so I have some experience with game jams! Buut I haven't got to publishing a game on jams for a long time since I had bad luck so far.

Anyway I am game developer with 3 years of experience! I am up to make some simple planetary game.

I don't mind being in big team, as long as we are making a game!

Feel free to text to me on Discord: Monte#4246

Hello! My name is Trent, I am a 22 year old computer science student graduating this may and I was hoping to help someone out on their project. I have experience with Unity and Godot and am comfortable with C#, JavaScript, Java, C, Python, GDScript, HTML and CSS. I would love to join a team to help with programming and would also like to learn a thing or two about the art side of things. If you need another developer or just someone to help test/debug please let me know.

Email: me@trentb.tech

Discord: YungTseTse#6206

hi, are you still looking for a team? 

RIDICULOUS PLATFORMER CONCEPT!

I have an idea for a ridiculous platformer game where main character accidentally sends his brother a sext while tryin to send it to their sweetheart, and has to go on a intense race against time to intercept the sext, ultimately keeping it from his brother. (This really happened to me recently, and so the game plot is gonna be fueled by pure, real life  embarrassment and silly scenarios.) 

It’s gonna be dumb, and so much fun! Who’s in? (I want there to be queer plot points in this game. Please, don’t join if you can’t accept that and be open to the weird!)

I live in EST. I can compose music and work on plot points. Open to suggestions though! In need of peops who can make art, code, etc. Y’all can even chose the engine, for all I care.  please help make some dumb fun!

Привет, я сценарист. Есть небольшой опыт участия в джеме. Мое портфолио и контакты: 

https://tilda.cc/page/?pageid=33433700

Буду рада присоединиться к команде

Hi, my name is Igor and I can do chiptune and techno music. 

My previous experience with game jams wasn't very good because I messed up with my priorities and apparently I ended up working at two games at the same time. Hope the new experience  will be a bit better :)

My SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/igorec-m

Discord: ок#9762

Hi there! My team liked your music and thought it would fit our game. Would you be interested in hearing the pitch? I couldn't find your discord, so if you're interested please DM me. Mine is SAtwood#8545

sure! C137 OG Rick #0555

Hello everyone, I'm TomSa, and my music production company is called Boots On Sound.

I just completed 20 years of service with the USAF bands as a trumpet player and audio engineer.  I also have a degree in music production and engineering from Berklee.  I'm making some career changes- and I would like to work in gaming as a part of that. 

You can find a few gaming-focused examples of my work here.  

I did some gaming focused study as part of my Berklee coursework, so I have worked with FMOD and Unity before.  I do most of my composition and sound design on Bitwig Studio because its a wide open audio playground that's great at creating/altering/warping/absolutely mangling audio.   I also use iZotope RX for more surgical audio tasks.  I love doing sound design, and my 20 years as a performer has made me comfortable working in just about any style of music you can think of.  

You can reach me at bootsonsound@gmail.com.

I really hope it isn't too late to get started in this one, and I hope my skills can help someone!  

TS

Deleted 1 year ago
Submitted
Deleted 1 year ago
Submitted (3 edits)

Hello, my name is Dania(you can call me Eho). I'm 11 years old. I need musician for my game. Also you can make music for my other games. I haven't got Discord, so send me on my Google Disk (Link in reply below).

Submitted

The Link to my Google Disk: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-tiM8u_GPbS6m2VkOPqPGNE1ZRe3F3RC

Submitted

Now I have Discord! It's my discord: Eho Games#5474

Submitted

Hello, my name is Emilio and i'm from Argentina. I have two experiences in others jams as a programmer but i have too much to learn yet.

I have an idea for the theme and a plan to do it, i just look for artists interested in make 2D assets. Im using Godot.

You can contact me in discord as Emilio Martin#6841. I speak Spanish as a mother language but i underestand English a little.

(2 edits)

Hello Loey here 

am a 3D assets & props artist 

looking for a team :'D