Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Map Shape?

A topic by HyveMynd created 83 days ago Views: 177 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+2)

How are people arranging their 36 hexes?

Are you using point up hexes, or flat topped hexes?

I k ow there's no correct answer, as long as your map is exactly thirty-six hexes, I'm just curious.

(+1)

I'm using flat-topped hexes, no reason other than I like the look a little better.

Arrangement: I was thinking of an area shaped by a massive explosion, so brainstorming kept leading me to radially symmetric designs.  

1) Everything connected with a hole in the middle (so a ring of 6, a ring of 12, and a ring of 18). 

2) Two disconnected hex maps, each having a ring of 6 and a ring of 12 with a hole in the center, and connected via teleport.

I like the idea of the disconnected maps and will probably play with it later, but the single connected map was working better for me

(+1)

I'm using point up hexes as I found a handy layout for it. I'm spreading my 36 hexes between multiple islands, to make a small campaign with connected to a larger world of gm's choosing.

Submitted(+1)

I'm doing simple "rectangle" because I'm planning to use the map for an upcoming campaign and expand it later. Flat-tops as I have a nice flat-top tileset for Hex Kit :D