Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Trijam #263 Devlog

A topic by Burnerknight Studios created 63 days ago Views: 47 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+2)

Alright, it's been a super long while since I've been able to participate in this, so looking forward to it again.

What comes to mind with this theme is some sort of action game with potentially roguelite or roguelike elements. Like a super lite version of Vampire Survivors, 20 Minutes Till Dawn, something along those lines. Or maybe just a simple twin-stick arena action game. I'll blow my time if I try to focus on doing a lot of those backend systems, so I may opt for something a lot simpler. Maybe skip out the rglt/rglk elements and focus on the action, or try to get at least one element in. We'll see.

I'll try to reuse some really basic code (if allowed), like movement and input, scene management, etc from another project of mine and then try to split my 3 hours this way:

1 hour: Coding Gameplay

1 hour: Art and Effects

1 hour: Polish

Going to aim to have a complete loop, with an intro title, game scene, and results scene, and then return to either the main title or go and play another round. Don't know if I'll be able to implement anything procedural, not that experienced in those kinds of systems.

Submitted(+1)

As it stands, I've blown through my 3 hour budget because I got caught up in some stupid stuff related to the input. Hate it when that happens. I still plan on submitting, but man it's going to be something I'll need to watch out for in the future!

I've got the basic minimum of a game in there but need a few more things to tie it all together. Hoping to get that completed by tomorrow before the deadline.