Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Validation Questions

A topic by shnaz created 73 days ago Views: 110 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+2)

Do any specific steps need to be made for a game to qualify, or are all jammers simply going off of the honor rule?  I personally just wanna know if I need to gather proof a game was made in 3 hours. Additionally, is a person only allowed one shot at making a game in 3 hours, or are they allowed to submit multiple games each made within three hours as long as it was made over the course of the jam?

Submitted(+1)

I wanted to ask exactly the same thing

Submitted(+3)

hi, all jammers simply go off of the honour rule. You can also submit games that took more than 3 hours as long as you specify how long they took on the submission page. Games that took over 3 hours are not eligible to win the jam.

You can submit as many games as you want as long as you make a separate itch page for each.

Submitted

Understood, however for personal accountability do you have suggestions to self track 3 hours?

Next Trijam I probably will use some type of time block system like (10+2)*5, which would mean I would have 3 hours * 60 minutes = 180 minutes / 10 minutes = 18 blocks and 30 total minutes of sandwiched break time.

Jam Host(+1)

Great answer by Ace! The focus of the jam is self improvement, so the 3 hour limit is a challenge, not a strict rule :)