Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Progress: Jarnathan's Cleaning Service

A topic by andyman404 created 73 days ago Views: 84 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

I'm making a little feel-good cleaning game where you herd your team of cleaning bubbles to clean every square inch of a room. Flap your wings to blow the bubbles around.

The working title is "Jarnathan's Cleaning Service", using the "Jonathan" theme and referencing the Jarnathan character from that Dungeons & Dragons movie, as well as the bubbles and bird theme.

Here's Jarnathan so far. I drew him up in OpenBrush in VR, and then cleaned/optimized in Blender. Now to rig and animate.

Submitted

@Sarainia: If you're interested, we'll need some music. I'm thinking lo-fi feel-good cute relaxing vibes music that's fun for cleaning. I usually find music at https://filmmusic.io/ or https://freemusicarchive.org/home

Otay sounds good, so how I partake? I can find yeah.

Submitted

When you find the music or some good candidates for the music, post the link(s). Thanks!

Alright so just Cute Feel Good vibes, should I look at techno/trance or like Japanese, or some kawaii anime ish stuff? I know of some already, so which one then I can send the correct ones.

Submitted

Kawaii anime ish stuff? Make sure they're public domain or Creative Commons by Attribution license so that we can use them for free.

Submitted

I found some music that fits just right. Thank you anyway!

No problem I had internet problems, I will find us music, is there any art as I actually now have Cable internet and not Mobile internet, so now it's stable! Yay!

Submitted(+1)

That's impressive technically, and sounds like a fun game as well!

Submitted (1 edit)

Made player controls, animations, and put together a kitchen (from KennyNL).  Next to make the cleaning bubbles and dirt. 16.5 hours left.

Submitted

Bubbles vs. mold. I'm not sure this game is a feel-good relaxing cleaning game anymore -- it's more like a war! 10 hours left in the SuperTry Game Jam. I'd better start adding some UI, constraints, and sound.

Submitted(+1)

Love the look of the game! I'm really excited to play it :)