Say Hi!/Introduce Yourself Sticky

A topic by Super∴Try created Feb 15, 2024 Views: 285 Replies: 21
Viewing posts 1 to 11
HostSubmitted

What's up everybody?

(+1)

Hi!

HostSubmitted(+1)

Hey Axol!! So pumped your jamming with us again!

(+1)

Hi!!! So stoked for Hackfort :)

HostSubmitted

Hey! Same! 🔥 It'll be my first time going.
Also I just played Birds of Othala and it's gorgeous! Can't wait to see more games from you!

Hi there! My name is Kit. I just found out about this game jam event yesterday from a coworker. I am interested in joining and have some questions. Is the jam being done in person at HackFort? Do I need to also buy a ticket to HackFort to participate? Is it bring your own gear such as computers and software or are we using provided ones? It's a bit short notice for me, but I'll see if I can get the time off. Otherwise, I may just pop in since I've never been to a HackFort before.

HostSubmitted

Hi Kit! Hackfort is hosting the kickoff at the start of the jam and a showcase for the submissions at the end of the jam. You don't have to physically be at Hackfort to participate and you don't have to buy a ticket. Gear won't be provided so BYOG.

I will be doing the jam at Hackfort in person so if you do end up coming to Hackfort please stop by and say hi!

(+1)

Thanks for the info. I managed to get Friday off and am going to see if I can work a bit more now to get off early on Thursday.  I'll probably stay home for the jam since my desktop is my main development machine and I am not hefting that thing around. If I come by during a break, I'll be sure to stop by!

Submitted(+1)

Hey!! Second Game Jam time!

HostSubmitted

Second game jam!! Woo!

Submitted

Hey everyone!

My name is Brock and I look forward to jamming with you all tomorrow!  I have only ever participated in one game jam so this will make my second.  I love making games and recently launched a game I created called Floomy.  I will be flying solo during this jam but I look forward to connecting with some of you as we experience/follow each other's creative works.  It breaks my heart a little not knowing more people who share my passion for making games so please feel free to friend me on platforms like Discord.  I hope you all have a wonderful game jam!

Submitted

Hi! I'm Scot and I love X-Com and long walks on the beach. I've done one other GameJam -  on the microstudio platform, which I'm not sure I'll use here but love deeply. I made something called  Capitalist History Markov Chain Tetris there once and so I can never go back.

My daughter is playing at Treefort with her band (El Kabong, they're a pretty cool bunch of high school fresh people) so I'll be there in person - but not until tonight. Is the opening ceremony going to be visible online at all?

It's going to be a pretty abbreviated jam for me since I'm in transit with the family most of today, but I'm excited to try some ideas and maybe meet some like minded weirdos. Have fun!

Sure we can jam I'm probably weird enough for your liking. I can do weird stuff in games yeah. I do my best to make it gendered to both and others, i put whacky mechanics in and name them funny at times.I don't know what X-Com is but prolly fun huh?

Submitted

Good luck everyone! Have fun!

Oh Hi,  I just noticed this now, yes I'm willing to join anyone's team/group, I kinda posted before on what all my skills and what I do is on, but yeah glad to be here.

Submitted

Hi folks, I'm Andrew. I've done too many game jams and have been trying to cut back, but this jam looks fun! I'm jamming entirely online and using this jam to distract myself from the trauma of a burst water pipe / leak, and the currently very noisy mold/moisture remediation currently going on in my home. Portfolio at https://idumpling.com

Hi if you want we can team? I posted on here what I'm good at in the 3rd post well there only is 3 lols, I show everything I can do if your interested, I will check your portfolio out, but I have faith your amazing anyways. ;)

Ok back! So you code and do animations correct??? Your games and apps move in pictures so I'm guessing you got serious skills eh?, what programming languange, or game engines, you use, I have alot of programs to my disposal for games, also are you interested in html games, I'm flexible and open to any idea or journey, we can do anything, do I need to code with you, do I need to produce art, etc. I'm open to anything and will come up with a solution, I'm not much a sound person but I think I have game sound licenses and probably could find open source sounds in a pinch, if I'm just the person who procures what you need then sure, I'm flexible, if you need me for ideas and mechanics and math I'm also good at that too.

Submitted

For this jam, I'm practicing my Godot engine skills. Yes, I do code and 3D modeling/characters/rigging/animations. I make 3D games. So far, I'm going with a stylized cartoony unlit 3D look and am making a cleaning game about a bird wearing an apron, who flaps its wings to herding a team of fluffy cleaning bubbles. If you do 3D modeling or have a VR setup and can draw 3D things in VR with OpenBrush/TiltBrush, I could use a hand making 3D kitchen / bathroom furniture/props. If you're interested, lemme know.

I have a potato for a laptop, I do have all the programs needed for 3D on steam, and Itch and such but this laptop barely runs Minecraft without overheating. I wonder if there is anything of any caliber I can do for you? I know 3D very well and godot but this laptop can't handle it and I have 0 income probably till 2026 so this all I have for now. Maybe I can asset hunt for you??? Ideas person, maybe mechanics or math maybe lore? Proofread code??? Sound???

Submitted

I'll start a separate thread for the game so as not to spam the introduction thread.

Submitted(+2)

Hi everyone! I'm knees. Its good to be part of this jam :) Hope everyone has a good time