Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Hope everyone is having fun! Sticky

A topic by cloudyheavengames created 55 days ago Views: 59 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
HostSubmitted

Hello everyone!  I hope you all are enjoying working on your games so far!  I see some of you have submitted games, which is great!

It's ok if you want to submit a game, but didn't get to finish or polish it.  You can always post and get feedback, and if you like the idea and want to stick with it, you can continue to work on the game later.  You can feel free to come back and post your updates to the game later, if you'd like!

As I said, this is all for practice and pretty informal.  The important thing is that you have a chance to work on and improve your skills and games, and to hopefully spark your creativity.  If this leads to an idea for you that you want to develop further, or even if you've just found this whole experience fun and valuable, that's great and means that this jam has served its purpose!

I really didn't have as much time to work on my game as I wanted (lots of appointments this week and my time management kind of fell apart), but I'm still going to post what I have done so far tonight, just to prove that you don't have to put together a complete product for this event.  

If you guys want, you can also use this thread to post your thoughts, things you did well or struggled with, suggestions, etc.

I've also set up another jam starting next week (not this coming week), so we can keep working on our game dev skills.  If you'd like, you can use this coming week to brush up on some tutorials or skills for your development tools of choice, so that you'll be even more prepared for the next jam.

Happy development, everyone!

Submitted

Hello! Just wanted to say that I really like this kind of gamejam with no pressure. It's reqlly cool to host jams like these to make gamedev less intimidating.
A lovely initiative and hopefully there will be more in the future!

HostSubmitted

I'm glad you like it, thanks for letting me know :)

I do indeed plan to continue with them.  The second one is coming up tomorrow: https://itch.io/jam/practice-jam-2