Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How are you guys doing?? ๐Ÿ™Œโœจ

A topic by just_manu created 73 days ago Views: 211 Replies: 44
Viewing posts 1 to 7
(+1)

I feel really good about my progress so far, and I just wanted to check if everyone is doing ok and having fun :)

What about you?

Submitted

I'm having fun! I'm starting to get a little nervous since there's only a couple days left and I've got a good amount of polishing to do lol

Nice Nice!!

I hope you make it in time ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ™Œโœจ

Submitted

no matter what I'll post what I've got!

LET'S GOOOO!!

I'll make sure to check out your project ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿค™โœจ

Submitted

ditto, I'll be looking for yours! 

Mine is called Hacked, hoping to publish tomorrow night or monday morning

(+1)

What genres you went for?

Mine is Tower Defense + Top Down Shooter

๐Ÿ‘€โœจ

Submitted

I chose first person action platformer + top down shooter lol

Submitted

SAME! AAAH exited to play them tho

Submitted (1 edit)

Just finished. How are you guys liking the two themes? I found it quite challenging to manage, but it was fun.

Well I had been meaning to try something like a Tower Defense for a while now, and I thought it would fit well with top down shooting :)

And implementing the theme wasn't so hard for me either...I thought it would be a good idea to have the gameplay be in 3D but the enemies in 2D, Dimensional Duality

What do you think? ๐Ÿ˜Žโœจ

Submitted

It's a good idea. I also chose top down shooter and tower defense. I'll have to check yours out when it's done. Good luck!

(+1)

Alright! Let's check out each other's projects once we're ready :)

Submitted(+1)

Really liked your submission, wish it was longer, and you used the jump mechanic more :D The combination of mech and towers inside the mech is really good.

Submitted

Thank you! I appreciate that.

Submitted(+1)

Just finished myself! Pushing the build now!

The most challenging part for me has been making my systems work smoothly, I always dream bigger than I can code haha

Submitted

I finished mine, done with the game's trailer. I learned alot making my game and was really fun to make!

(1 edit)

Really?? I still have a lot to do haha

Send a link to the trailer video so we can see ๐Ÿ‘€

*EDIT: By the way, nice to meet you Just_Artur, I'm Just_Manu ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™Œโœจ

Submitted

What a coincidence that we have "Just_" infront of our nickname anyway heres the link to my game trailer:  

(+1)

Nice!!

It's a pretty cool idea to combine 2D and 3D in one game :)

I see your game is looking really good! Can't wait to try it

Submitted(+1)

LET'S GOOOOO!

Feels good to be done yeah?? I watched your trailer and I'm looking forward to playing! I can't try it atm because uploading my game is taking all my bandwidth ๐Ÿ’€

Submitted

Yeah Uploading/Exporting Games is really fustrating. I'm trying to Export my game into mobile Android but it seems to just not work.

Submitted

hmm yeah, are you using Unreal?

Submitted

Yep :/

Submitted

I've packaged a couple times for android to some success, maybe I can help!

What's the problem you're running into? 

Submitted

I'm getting this error: Execution failed for task ':app:mergeDebugJniLibFolders'

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 8.0.

cmd.exe failed with args /c "F:\Unreal Projects\Android_Testing\Intermediate\Android\arm64\gradle\rungradle.bat" :app:assembleDebug

heres the full log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f8Wt3DXoCREzmpG0PqUWRIxyMFOYnW0R/view?usp=drive...

Submitted

I haven't seen a gradle error before. from what I'm seeing, it could be an SDK setup error, did you follow any specific tutorials for setting up android SDK with UE?

Submitted (1 edit)

This one:

But i have jdk-11 and ndk 25.1.8937393 (I'm using UE5.3.2)

Submitted

ok my first guess is since he's on ue5.4 and you're on 5.3, that might be why its saying you're using deprecated features for Gradle 8.0. 

So maybe you need some earlier builds of the sdk, jdk, etc 

Submitted

any luck?

Submitted

maybe this one? Same channel but for 5.3

Submitted

looks like you have the right ndk and jdk tho

Submitted

I think I had android setup for  UE 5.1, but I may have reset windows since I last packaged so I don't know if I still have the SDK setup but when I get a chance I'll check

Submitted

Here's my trailer! Making videos is probably the most painstaking part for me... I think it feels less rewarding than coding?

BTW I composed the soundtrack ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽต

Submitted

Looks Great! Looking forward to playing this.

Submitted

thanks!

Submitted

Im done with my project! I got some gameplay videos from players too, so i think I did a great work.

We didn't even get our core gameplay loop in, it's so unfinished. ;-;

Submitted

no worries man, it's tough to get things done in a crunch, this is my first game jam and I had to cut SO much stuff from my project to be able to publish it. 

It's really good practice though! Post what you've got!