SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[godot dev] looking for collaborators on a witty/humorous game idea

A topic by graphific created 31 days ago Views: 103 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+1)

Hi y'all,

I'm thinking of working on a satirical game called "A Shitty Introduction to Anti-capitalism. "The core concept? You're a person reading an anarchist classic(Kropotkin, Bookchin) or anticapitalist (Chomsky, Graeber, Naomi Klein) book...while on the toilet!

As you progress through the pages, you'll encounter diverse mini-games that symbolize anti-capitalist concepts through gameplay - battling capitalism with words, creating anti-capitalist illustrations, platforming jumping from letter to letter and slinging a rope to turn the page, solving puzzles, etc. I'm decently experienced in Unity, but I'm using this opportunity to dive into Godot, so the mini games would also be an excellent way to get some simple game mechanics worked out and start with just one mini game and see how many more will fit in during the month development time (I can allocate a couple of hours each day)

Humor will be key, so think of background toilet sounds, and possibly a witty narrator voice parodying games like Stanley Parable, if time allows (or perhaps a writer collaborator would be interested in joining)

I have an end-of-game story point in mind I wont spoil here, but its basically the punch line to  heed anti-capitalist warnings :) Visually, I'm aiming for a stylized book-like world with vibrant colors and literature/parchment aesthetics (think other book/scroll oriented games like Inkulinati, Pentiment or Storyteller)

Let me know if you're interested in this delightfully crass, socially relevant game jam idea! 

I'm also open for other game ideas or suggestions

Dm me at discord: xorgh_

(+1)

Quick test: turning mesh instances into extruded 3D text with collisions is very easy to do in Godot, so I think I'll pursue this idea a bit further.

Submitted(+2)

for what its worth i think this is super cool, I've seen some experimental games where you walk over text but i dont recall any being embodied in space/objects like that. 

Host(+1)

Welcome!

Tnx yoyo and FxckCapitalism

Getting somewhere: 

- quick placeholder synty assets thrown in as a bathroom setting, as well as a toilet going punk (mixamo sitting idle anim for now)
- 3d character and camera controller (using Kenney's platform starter kit)
- basic platforming working
- falling platforms/letters

Now to make it fun... :)