Sorry for the silence for the past few days. I'm dealing with a really nasty cold right now that refuses to go away and I was also really tired after the game's launch, so I took a few days off.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I pushed an Update for Splinter Zone, that addresses some of the feedback that I've gotten so far.
- Enbabled Steam's Screenshot function (no one told that I had to do this myself! (not relevant for the version here, but just in case)
- Added an option to delete your save, in case you want to do that.
- Getting hit now reduces your current XP by 50%, instead of setting it back to 0. I hope this makes the levels and using hyper mode more practical for folks who aren't total pros at this game.
- Increased the amount of XP you get from some enemies a little bit
- Fixed a rare bug, where the game wouldn't let you restart a run, after you've died.
Please let me know what you think. I'm going to keep an eye on the XP-Thing myself. The system is really hard to balance properly, because when you're really experienced, you can keep your levels almost indefinitely with the current setup. However, having you lose all your XP after getting hit, makes it hard for newer players to actually get any levels and therefore they end up never using hyper mode, which they really should.