Let me start by saying this game has a lot of things that don't impress me these days. I think pixel art is overused, overdone, and overstayed it's welcome. I don't like codeing related gameplay. Codeing feels too much like work. Now with that out of the way I can say that this game looks beautiful and the codeing aspect is ingenious. Taking things that I'm not impressed by and impressing me with them. That is a sign that this game is something special.
- Please let us reenable Lucky. D:
- Please let us mute that arcade machine... I think my face was stuck with cringe.enabled = true for an hour afterward. It was seriously awful. Yes, that game was a mistake.
- I ran into one bug. When I first get to the arcade, after the dialog is over and I get the task to get a high score nothing happened. I was stuck and could not move. I had to exit to the main menu and then continue. When I got back, I noticed I was in a slightly different spot. The first time I was much further down the screen so I think Frank was placed a little bit out of bounds maybe? Anyway, it was easy enough to clear up by turning it off and on again.
- I didn't find any use of the clipboard outside of the one necessary instance at the end of the demo. Either I wasn't looking hard enough or opportunities were missed.
- Aside of the arcade machine, the voice acting is on point and the overall sound aesthetic is as well. Compliments the visuals perfectly.
I'm definitely wishlisting this on Steam for the full release, but I'd prefer to buy it on itch.