So I LOVE Clone Drone in the Danger Zone. But I am really bad at the game. Could someone please give me suggestions on how to get better at the game?
First of all try to get to level 5 in endless mode without upgrades. just dont buy them.
once you do that you will have 5 upgrade points to spend,try some combos - bow kick and clone,hammer jetpack clone and sword clone.
once you have tried them all you will find one style that fits you the best. then just use that style.
1.to kill a hammer bot attack him after they swing,if you missed run back fast and try again.
2.allways aim for the head or the torso.
3.as you will have some hours in to the game you will get better,so dont give up fast
1. ALWAYS have a clone, but you can skip getting one in your first upgrade.
2. Invest on upgrades that will be more useful later:
- Block Arrows, later in Endless you'll get to see many powerful Archers.
- Kick, for Jetpacks and Hammers
- Get Up! For Spidertron 5000/6000
3. Trust fire as an ally, but try to avoid the fire bots, fire increases your potential to kill (PTK) greatly.
4. Have a priority list for targets. I.E: Combine Archers>Jetpack Interceptors>Hammer Enforcers>Sword Fighters>Combat Archers>Spidertrons
5. Listen to Commentatron and Analysis-Bot to know what strategy you should use on the levels
6. Try your best and have fun
The most important thing, I think, is to do everything you possibly can to make sure you're not in immediate danger. The most immediately dangerous enemies are jetpack bots (because they move very quickly and can be unpredictable) and Mk 3 hammer bots (because they move relatively quickly and are difficult to dodge); archers are only a significant factor if you turn your back to them, sword bots can be dealt with almost at your leisure (they don't have much range, can be easily dodged, and can be easily taken out by hitting their flanks), and lower tier hammer bots are relatively simple to avoid (as their attack animation is quite long, giving you plenty of time to either dodge or hit them first).
With that in mind, the best upgrade path (in my opinion) is as follows:
1. Sword upgrades (Deflect Arrows 1 [to remove the threat of archers], Flame 1 [for the improved PTK], Deflect Arrows 2-3, Flame 2)
2, Kick + Get Up (the latter being the real goal; reducing your vulnerability when knocked over is extremely important in later levels)
3. Clone (for a second chance; replace when used)
4. Jetpack + Energy [regeneration, when available] (the jetpack allows you to much more safely attack several enemies, most notably Spider-tron 6000 and the Mk 3 hammer bot)
5. Fire Breath (not the best of upgrades [its charge time is longer than its active time with one energy bar], but can bypass swords if you don't want to get close and can hit Spider-tron 6000 without cutting its legs)
6. Bow Upgrades (fairly lackluster in the late-game, since most enemies' movements are impossible to predict at any meaningful range, but can be useful for taking out stationary targets. Aim Time is, in my opinion, just a waste of energy if you have any experience with shooter games)
7. By this point, why not get the hammer upgrades? It's still probably not a good idea to use them, at least until you've cleared out the archers.
Clone drone in the danger zone upgrade guide:
1. Arrow block 1
3. Clone (always have at least one)
4. Jetpack to +25% (Your main evasive skill, can be used for offense as well)
5. Get up
6. Fire sword (If you need offense)/arrow block (More defense)
7. Fire sword/arrow block (Fire sword 2 means that even if they block your side hit, it'll deal a lot of damage, arrow block 3 if you want to try redirecting your shots back)
8. Bow/hammer (Depends on your play style, i'd take either)
9. Entire bow branch aside from aim time/Full energy tree (Flame breath included)
10. Max hammer size/Full energy tree (No flame breath)
11. what ever is left
Clone drone in the danger zone enemy guide:
For hammer bots:
For the smaller ones, you don't need jetpack, but for the mk3 hammers you will want your distance! Let them take care of the rest of the army fighting you, then pick them off with a bow or charge them with your flaming jetpack sword. If the hammer bot has a jetpack, kick it after dodging it's charge and follow up with your bow.
For sword robots (mk1 and mk2)
For mk1 and mk2 sword robots you don't have to worry much. All sword robots from mk2+ can knock your blade aside, so try not to do a front strike when there's a horde. Use your sword when there's only a few enemies, but when there's more use your hammer's side strike.
Do not use your bow unless the enemy is on the ground, especially if it's a fire enemy. You can try using a bow at long range, but their dodging skill is insane and if you get close their sword will send your flaming arrow back at you. Use your sword to block their arrows until you get close, then use your hammer while walking backwards to hit them once they draw out their sword.
For mk3 sword robots:
I mostly mess around with these enemies. They jump a lot, making me cut off their feet more often than not. As with the hybrids, do not use your bow unless they are on the ground or you want to have an "Arrow duel". Keep your sword equipped, as enemy fire will likely hit them and bounce back a you. Back up when they hit, then go for the kill. If you need it gotten rid of quickly or there are a lot of them, use your hammer. It will knock them away if they're too close (Hilt smash) and will kill those at range.
All archers are a threat without arrow block. If you have it, they do love to pull off insane trick shots in which they shoot off both of your hands, completely ignoring your block. Never look away from them unless there's a bigger threat on the board (Kick bots near lava, mk3 hammer bots, any thing on the fire island map). Keep your sword out when facing these enemies.
For kick bots:
This heavily depends on the map and where you are on it. If it's the fire island, kill them first. If there are no traps, leave them. They are why the second tree I train is the kick one.
for spider tron 5000/6000:
These enemies are not much of a threat if you're still standing and/or at a distance. Spider tron 6000 is best taken out with a bow, aim for the red eyes on both. Train your defense talents before you reach level 10, because if you don't, killing spider tron 6000 with a sword or hammer is near impossible.
For potential shield bots (see here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/597170/discussions/1...):
Flank them after they charge at you, and for the mk3 versions treat them like hammer bots.