A lot of people have been asking for help with installing this game both here and on my video. I've added the instructions to my video's description (below) and I'll paste them here also:
Installation Instructions for Windows:
1) Download from https://mcintyre.itch.io/pc-building-... (make sure you pick the Windows version)
1.5) Wait :( :( :(
2) Unzip the zipped archive
3) Run the executable - DONE :D
Installation Instructions for Mac thanks to Seangibbz:
I've finally gotten the mac version working.
It turns out I had to do some tweaking with permissions. This is possibly because they have it distributed as a .appfile inside a zip archive. (as opposed to distributing it in a dmg image like most other common mac apps).
1. Download the mac version
2. Extract the zip file
3. Optional: Rename the app from Mac.app to PC Building Simulator.app
4. Optional: Move the app to your /Applications folder
5. Right click the app and select Show All Contents
6. Go into the Contents, then MacOSfolder
7. Open a terminal window and type: chmod 755
8. Drag the Mac file from the MacOSfolder onto the terminal window (which should now read something like: chmod 755 /Applications/PC\ Building\ Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Mac
9. You should now be able to launch the PC Building Simulator like any other app
The legend, Jawtheshark has written an installation script for Ubuntu 16.04. His instructions are below:
Sorry for using DropBox (you don't need an account to download it). It's probably the easiest way, unless there is some kind of repository for this project. Anyway, the script is rather quick and dirty, but should support both root (system-wide) and user-based (local) installation. I have only tested it on Ubuntu 16.04, but the "supported" string also includes 14.04 because I wanted to show the syntax. That does not mean it worked, or that I tested it on Ubuntu 14.05.
Anyway, if you do download the script understand:
* You should never run scripts you do not trust or understand, especially not as root.
* It assumes a bunch of installed tools, like "unzip", "lsb_release" and many others.
* It might not run on the distro of your choice.I tried to write it for the default Ubuntu shell, which is dash and should be POSIX compliant. Should... No guarantees. I am but human, and while I tested, I tested just superficially.
* Keep in mind that the script itself must get the executable permission.
Alternatively, you can run it by writing "sh install-pcsb [...]" where [...] are the parameters.
There are three parameters. All are optional, but if you specify no parameters, a system-wide installation is presumed and you better use sudo (or run as root)
--source to specify where the downloaded zip file is
--target to which directory this zipfile must be unzipped. This target needs to exist and you need to have write permissions on it
---force Skip the "supported OS" feature. This is mostly for people wanting to try it on other distributions (at their own risk, and I won't give support
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w51urs8jyxxm3t7/install-...
Please comment here with any issues you are having and I'll try my best to help you out.