Please post any suggestions here so it doesn't get mixed in with other comments.
I really want to consider all of your suggestions.
New Items are in the work and will be released on next update. A story would be interesting. If I get enough support I might consider it.
hi guys could you help me ive ben trying to get the game on here but when I open the files it wont fully open and I'm not sure why ._. please help
hey man for some reason whenever i try to launch the game its show this An unreal process has crashed: UE4-ShopSim
Yeah, I have the same problem. I just open the game by clicking launch from the itch page which always works.
youre game is excellent for a work in progress, i donated 10 dollars cause thats what it's worth to me
Hey Dasius, im willing to work with you to get a story, ill come up with some ideas and send them to you if you would like!
hey dasius canyou make a use for the crystels in the game?
Follow me on tumblr or facebook. I show sneak peeks of things im working on.
To answer your question, I do intend on implementing a use for the crystals.
Ends the secret of crystals
maybe mac download?
Ya those weapons are teasers for my next update. :)
Hey Pixel, still working on that part. Almost got it working. Hammer Heads, at the moment, are made while cycling through the swords on the anvil. So place a sword on the anvil and left click on it. Then it will change the sword design. From there keep going until you get a hammer head. Same thing goes with the large blade and hammer head. I'll be changing all that in the future.
Should be able to purchase it from the store.
I'll think about it.
Expanding on their idea, it'd be funny to see a warrior just get mobbed by a group of angry animals right after the customer leaves with their weapon.
put it in the complaint box
I'm sorry. There is no way for me to make a build of the game other then for windows pc.
It's like you're reading my notes.
Btw, you're english is good.
I always wanted to make my own game and have so many ideas, but I can not program.
Phew okay then I'm reassured ^^
I was like you, pick up a program like Unreal Engine 4 or Unity. I use Unreal Engine 4 because of Blueprints, which allows people like you and me to easily code. It still has a learning curve but you don't have to worry about things programmers worry about. Of course it also has limitations but I'm now learning the basics of C++ so that I can circumvent those limitations and deliver better games thanx to blueprints.
So you are a noobie? Huh, it seems like only a pro can make this game how it was!
Ya pretty much a noob but thanx to the Blueprint system in Unreal, I don't need years of programming experience to make simple games. Although, I would highly encourage anyone that wants to make games, to learn a programming language. The skills can transcend to other area's not just games.
When you say 3d, are you refering to vr/3d glasses.
VR is definately something I want to look into. I do have Oculus DK2 for testing if I decide to implement VR.
sorry for any spelling mistakes lol
You might want to double check your spelling there buddy.
awesome user photo xD
I used to love fairly odd parents when I was younger :D
Right now he is focusing on mainly bug fixes and new content, the vanity of the game would probably have to wait until he has more content in the game so the game's overall quality is good
I've been wanting that for a while now, there really isn't that much space in the shop.
The lag shouldn't be a problem, don't play on a microwave powered by a potato, play on a rig powered by gasoline
He may not have the Virtual Reality headset meant for testing it, also he might not know how, and please, be modest.
P.S He said he didnt have the program to anyways
There is an option to save the game in the pause menu, or it might save automatically when you pause the game
Hopefully in the near future, I can make a linux version. At the moment, I can only focus on a windows build.
Oooh another idea would be the ability to upgrade features of you shop, such as upgrade your furnace to have it heat ingots faster, etc.
You could just close the shop and mess around but money would still be a problem :P
i usally make a bit of money order a bunch of items and spend a whole day making stuff then open the store and hand out all the weapons i made previously
The Idea you just said is really what i want in the game. Plus, it would be cool if he adds bandits that can rob you and thiefs that, if you dont lock the shop, can enter overnight while you sleep and try to steal from you. Other than that, the game is neat.
1. The game isn't a first person fighter or shooter game, it's a game about crafting and selling, what ur looking for is another game.
2. This isn't minecraft, there isn't supposed to be inventory slots, it's more centered around the old times and as far as i know, they didn't have inventory slots. Though different tools would be cool as then you could use a tool to pick up the metal from the furnace instead of using ur hands.
3. I feel like instead of using the wood in the back for handles, he could make the furnace needing wood as fuel and so you need to refuel the furnace by cutting wood behind the building instead.
4. I feel like that would over complicate the game as of right now its already hard to learn how to play and so different screws and such would just be annoying to work with.
5. As far as i see it, the blacksmith is a swordsmith and so doesn't make bows/arrows. Though i believe it will create shields because of the teaser on the left wall in the shop with the shields.
6. Again it's not minecraft, you don't mine for ores in this game, you order them. You didn't mine for ores back then as a blacksmith, you ordered them like other shops while the actual mine's did it.
What i want to see is that the water bath at the right side of the furnace would be made to work so that you would have to dip the finished blade or hammer head into the water/oil to strengthen it (Maybe it would sell for more?).
I agree with all of these. the game isn't minecraft or an RPG, it's about being a blacksmith. perhaps there will be mods at one point, but I'm not sure.
on the water bath: I'd love if a newly created blade were still hot from the furnace, and you needed to cool it down inside the bath.
maybe a little animation that switches out your hammer with some pliers, so it doesn't look like you're actually touching the white hot metal wih your bare hands.
maybe go a step further and require reheating a piece in the furnace to make it smithable again, like if you for example accidentally make a sword blade and dip it in the water, then later need a hammer head, you can just put it in the furnace and work it again.
Or maybe use the excess money to upgrade the building or upgrade the back or front garden to look better than random rubble everywhere.
What i do about the ingots when i play is that i don't wait until it says (ready) instead i pick them up when they start creating sparkles, when i do so, then it changes to (ready).
Also, you can put all the ingots into the furnace and turn it on, even if you sleep, they will still be ready in the furnace for crafting. It saves so much time.
Another idea would be like special events or special customers that can give out just a little bit more money than most customers if you can provide them with a specific weapon type, Ex: I would like to have a one handed great hammer, customized with the model 3
That would also help with skipping the people with greatswords because as of 0.0.61 those are bugged.
It is much easier to read if you divide your ideas into sections like
just a tip if you want your ideas to be seen :)
To have a repair mechanism that fits the style of gameplay, you'd want to have a process such as:
Or for simple replacement part style repair:
Yes, them saying;"GIVE ME _ NOW!" is quite rude.
Dasius try now to repair problem with anvil and he wanna add new items on next update , your idea is good so its hard to make it now ( my english is bad too ;) )
The decorative shields aren't decorative, they are an omen for blacksmithing to come. ;)
That it's laggy is not his fault, change the graphics to low, it should help. It helped me.
Just giving my opinions on these suggestions:
1. Shields, I agree but armor I do not. It would take to much space for all the new items and would be more of a hassle than fun. Also because of the many types of armor aswell + the blacksmith is focused around weapons, not armor. Shields though has been a teaser in the shop for a long time now so I'm pretty sure it's gonna be added.
2. There is a water bath in the store though not working of course. Having to temper the blade would be such a amazing addon to the experience. However, it's sad though that you don't actually use water to temper the blade but oil. I know right? I thought so too but then I watched series like Man at arms/Man at arms: Reforged. And it's true, its oil. So for this to be added, he would of changed the color from blue to like grey or black. Maybe making it so that if you temper the blade, they pay you more?
3. This game isn't about mining or farming. It's about a man/woman crafting weapons to be the best blacksmith there ever was. Idk why people keep believing that this game would be an adventure game where you fight monsters, mine and farm. It's not minecraft lol. And also real blacksmiths or old time blacksmiths never mined for ore or chopped wood unless it was for winter or warmth.
Maybe you can buy order statues instead of creating them. And instead of increasing the price of the items, you instead increase the speed in which customers arrive (which would be your reputation) and/or more famous customers with a more pricy order?
3.5 Can't you create those already? Like its not a official katana but if you create a two handed sword, I believe theres a variety which is thin and looks like a katana though with the non polished look like all of the other weapons, I might be wrong though. HOWEVER this game isn't set In the era where it's about Ninja's or Samurai's but instead it's set where demon's crawled surrounded by magic and where people believed dragons roamed. Or so it seems.
4. Fancy guards would of fit perfectly, for the other though, not so much. If you didn't know, people used to call them daggers, not knife's. A dagger is something you CUT with while a sword is something you SLICE with, so there doesn't need to be a Knife.
5. He could add so that if you level up to a certain point, you gain a new rank from that you started with all the way to master.
Amateur - Journeyman - Master
And for every rankup you gain a new perk like as a amateur you would only be able to make normal swords while as a journeyman you unlock shields and then as a master, then you can gain the knowledge to create engravings when asked for them, would of made more sense as it's sort of a master thing to do make engravings, usually fresh of the back blacksmiths wouldn't be able to do that.
6. What about instead of that, they can order multiple swords/hammers for a certain time and then you can deliver it. That's probably what you meant.
7. This is a little unnecessary as right now, if you upgrade from copper to tin and so forth, you don't really store anything, you just put them on the furnace and craft whatever and then give them to the customers, there isn't really a need for organizing anything OTHER than parts because the fastest way to do orders is having weapons on standby same thing with crafting items.
8. You don't create bows as a blacksmith, Maybe arrows instead?
NO ANIME WEAPONS. Even though this is a video game, this isn't the type of game to blow things to unrealistic proportions and have weapons that would be terrible in real life. This is a game of making simple and effective weapons
I dont mean anime weapons like that i mean just like simple swords that have the shape and design of them like ichigo's sword its just a sword with a cooler design
The great sword is hopefully as close to anime as this game will get.
Yes, many people have reported the same issue (I've had the accidental exit click happen to me too). The dev is aware of it and we'll hopefully get a fix in the next update.
Place the offending assembly on the anvil, then click on the anvil (not the weapon) and your weapon should break apart into its components.
Not to bash on your idea, but I think this would make everything way too complex and there would be hundreds of combinations and it seems like it would be too overwhelming. Also, it would be be lot easier if instead of combining stuff to make colors you can color temper it
Please no thieves. This game is supposed to be a more casual game and thieves just seems like it would ruin the game
The idea could work as an optional game mode. It could even be something as simple as making sure your orders are brought indoors and that your front and back door are closed and locked before going to bed. I think ideas like this are near the bottom of the priority list, though, as they don't add much to the experience currently.
I do make adjustments to the prices every update but so far, I'm not seeying everyone complaining about the prices being to high.
Also, if you increase your Charisma, it will help you get more from each sale. It's not a major difference now but it can help.
I like the prices personally but what I have heard of is that you don't really earn more if you get to the maximum material or even if you go up from copper to tin. sure you earn more because you have to pay more but you don't earn any more than if you used copper.
Also im hoping there's plans for making the swords more...lets say appealing. getting to the next material is basically only changing their standard color. Would be cool if the color was more shiny than a simple paint.net fill color.
In the world of fantasy gaming, realistic weapon proportions take a backseat to aesthetics. Think about how cool (yet impractical) all of the Final Fantasy weapons are.
When I look at the great sword, I don't see a great sword, I see a anime sword, Cant get enough of those super insanely thick and long anime swords.
I guess the weapons are good if getting your arms ripped off from the force of swinging you sword is what you like
I appreciate the edit, FishyFish136. I agree that some games do go overboard with weapons that are too large. I guess we'll just have to leave it up to Dasius to see how fantasy or realistic he'd prefer his game to be.
(edited for civility)
Aside from the silliness. It is a fantasy game so technically anything (almost) goes. You might be right on the thickness of the blade. None of these weapon parts are final. So i will do another review of each part when I get the chance.
When i have enough funds for the hardware. i'll definately start working on it.
This has been a feature for a very long time, Are you using the newest version (0.063)? Me personally want the ingots Back to when they where falling off as of right now its really bugged and not as fun as it was.