This post will be kept up-to-date with changes to the itch build.
===26.09.2017: Alpha 6862===
ALPHA 3: BASIC TRAINING
New camera and controls scheme
- You can now directly control the camera using the WSAD keys, or by putting the mouse to the edge of the screen.
- You can now manually enter combat mode at any time by pressing “C”, or clicking the “DRAW WEAPON” button.
- When a combat is over, you can now manually trigger the reply by pressing “SPACE”, or the “DROP IT” button. Alternatively, you can use this opportunity to Undo and try something else.
- You can now bind new keys to controls in the options menu! We’ve also changed the default bindings a bit.
- We’ve added a number of dynamic tutorials that will appear in-game when you encounter the relevant scenario for the first time.
- Some items also have special Training Scenario levels. When you buy these items in the shop, you will have the option of playing the Training Scenario and learning about the item.
- During combat, a new (WIP) UI is displayed that gives you information about stats for the current combat.
- The confirm-action button is now part of this new UI, and includes additional information about the action you are considering: action time and Time Resource cost.
- During the combat replay (or, The Drop), the action is displayed with a series of camera-cuts that show the action close-up. This is just a first step for this feature, we plan on doing a lot more with it in the next update.
- After combat, Kai will automatically reload all his weapons.
- Added a display of the full history of a dialogue, so you can see what was said previously.
- Each dialogue line in the history displays an emoticon, so you can see what line cause what reaction.
- We’ve heard some feedback that sometimes, the dialogue responses don’t make sense as part of the conversation. This is in part due to how our dialogues are procedurally recombined. That said, we want to eliminate this problem, so we’ve added a new button that you can click if you think a particular line doesn’t make sense. When you click it, it’ll send us a report about the dialogue lines that were used.
- Added Club Names from Kickstarter backers!
- When starting a new campaign, you can select a few gameplay options before beginning.
- First mission is now randomly selected and isn’t always “Kill Dragan Müller”
- Kai and the Turbo Trabbi will now begin missions in a variety of locations
- Mission Objectives now display a marker once explored
- Doors now display markers
- Adjusted the maximum time resource
- After completing a mission, the game goes directly to the Shop.
- The “Drag or Die” mission chain now has a variety of club sizes it can choose from
- Adjusted the currency received when completing a mission
- Health now persists between missions even if Permadeath is disabled, and you can now restore lost health in the Shop.
- Checkbox state is more readable when hovering over
- New Font is used everywhere in mission UI
- Interaction Selection menu easier to read in all situations
- Some important ambient dialogues now require Space to be pressed to continue
- Art pass on the background scene Misc
- Updated to Unreal Engine 4.17.1
- Various lighting adjustments
- Reduced the delay between requested an action and it starting
- Clubs now have windows on the outside again
- Adjusted the distribution of furniture in some rooms to make them feel less cluttered
- Mac: can now play in Fullscreen mode
- Destroying “corner” wall segments now explores all adjacent rooms
- After giving feedback, you can now enter your email address to be notified of replies to your message
- Shower cubicle areas in the guard rooms have correct collision and cover setup
- Time Resource cost for Dashing no longer gets charged twice
- Black Bars no longer displayed in main menu in some resolutions
- When using a time ability, the sound effect now stops when it should
- Wall attachments (eg paintings) now detach from the wall correctly when it gets damaged
- No longer lose Time Resource while the cutscene is playing
- Fixed some occurrences where replaying same mission would have a slightly different furniture layout
- Fixed some actions not having their sound effects played on the beat correctly (in particular, the SMG)
- Fixed some Sound Effect volumes not being affected by SFX slider
- Fix for player health in campaign being set to zero after failing or aborting a mission
- In the Group Elimination mission, only display TARGET ESCAPED if the target that escaped wasn’t already eliminated
- Fix for game not pausing/resuming properly when opening the pause menu
- Fixed some dialogue typos
- Kai plays animations backwards when going back in time
- Fix for camera in main menu being incorrect when returning there from a mission
- Fix for not being able to punch adjacent enemies (“not adjacent” would be displayed even though they were totally adjacent)
- Grid UI now displays at the correct height
- Fix for cyber fist radius indicator not being displayed if fist was equipped in slot 1
=== 22.08.2017: Alpha 5980 ===
Bugfix and tweak patch
New features and changes
- New walking animations for Kai
- New font for Dialogues
- Added Objective markers for more Mission Objectives
- Offscreen enemies in explored rooms now get a marker
- Objective markers are animated
- Cutscene includes a prompt for pressing Enter to skip
- Tooltips are now always displayed on Action buttons and display Time Resource cost
- Added Permadeath and Decision Timer toggles to new Gameplay Options menu
- Interactions now require confirmation when in Combat
- If player doesn’t have enough Time Resource to hack something, the interaction is available and Kai will tell the player
- During the combat replay, long sections where there are no combat actions will be sped up
- Drone Terminals now cost Time Resource to hack instead of giving you Time Resource
- Drone Terminals now always hack the closest drone
- Friendly and Hostile drones now move at double speed
- Friendly Drones now explore their rooms for you
- Updated Backer Credits
- New variations of Front Entrance outside area
- Adjustments to tooltips, controls screen and some tutorial dialogues
- Less confusing options menu checkboxes
- Additional splash text informing about autosaving, permadeath and permahurt
- Tool tip text adjustments
- Added tutorial lines about damage avoidance in the intro mission
- Renamed 'Dance' action to 'Wait'
- Added Faceless script lines when additional enemy groups spawn
- Added variations for public entrance outside area
- Fixed issue where cursor would not display on some Windows machines
- Music: fixed issue where sometimes “empty” loops would not get chosen
- Music: fixed problem where sound would "pop" on some machines. Note: if you still get sound popping, try lowering the "maximum audio loops" slider in the Audio Options.
- UI: fixed issue where weapon name text would be clipped
- Added missing “cheering” dancing animation for dancers
- Fix for Glienicker Brücke level not having shadows
- No longer possible to get a Dialogue with no text
- Combat replay won’t trigger if player is dead
- Fix for double tooltips being displayed sometimes
- No longer possible to hack scanners and doors if there are no guards that will be alerted
- Number of guards displayed on Weapon Scanner now only includes alive guards
- Fix for some lab rooms sometimes having inaccessible tiles
- Fix for “Start New Campaign” sometimes failing to generate a campaign
- Fix for sometimes the Coat Checker would not have a dialogue even though the weapon scanner was active
=== 08.08.2017: Alpha 5721 ===
- Added Kickstarter backer credits
- New SMG sound effects
- New sound effect that plays when you use a time ability
- When the game first runs it auto-detects settings
- Weapons and destruction sounds now get quieter when the player is further away
- Done a pass on volume levels and ducking
- Added breathing effect to characters
- Dialogues are now aborted and cannot be started when in Combat mode
- Itch build will now display a big button in the main menu when a new version is available
Bug fixes and tweaks
- Fixed an issue where some of the new environment objects (shelves and bunk beds) would not have the correct cover type
- Fixed an issue where music loops would play over each other on some tracks (mac and linux still have issues though)
- Agents no longer get stuck on each other when moving through the club
- Tweaked tagging and added some new loops to tracks Zugzwang, Who Gave You Access, and Propaganda
- Weapons don’t have reverb outside the club
- In the “Interrogate Dragan Mueller” mission, he will now properly move around the club after being successfully interrogated
- Fixed drone particle effects
- Tweaked lighting, shadows and post-process
- In the “Group Elimination” mission, escaped targets will now display as being Escaped rather than Outside
- Entrance bouncers now have a “talk to” option on their guarded door
- Fixed some issues when using time abilities during dialogues
- Music intensity now gets correctly raised in all missions
- Spelling and punctuation pass on many dialogues
=== 26.07.2017: Alpha 5501 ===
- New music track: Synaesthetic by Ben Prunty (soundcloud)
- New enemy type: Drones
- New mission: Group Elimination
- New room type: Guard Quarters
- New mission chain: Underground Railroad
- Updated backrooms
- Permadeath and Permahurt
- UI Updates to main HUD, dialogue screen, shop and loading screen
- New and updated dialogues
=== 14.06.2017: Alpha.4128 ===
- Fixed a crash that could occur when destructibles were destroyed
=== 14.06.2017: Alpha.4111 ===
- New music track: Calm Before the Gunfire by Jukio Kallio (soundcloud)
- New music track: Who Game You Access by Kuedo (soundcloud)
- New weapon: Cybernetic Fist
- Extended Cover System
- More destructible objects
- New room type: storage backrooms
- Better danger prediction system
- New and updated dialogues
=== 08.05.2017: Alpha.3283 ===
FIRST ALPHA VERSION FOR KICKSTARTER BACKERS!
- New music track: Das Bunker by Mona Mur (check it out on soundcloud)
- Loading screen now includes camera and confirm action controls
- Can now enter anything as a campaign seed (will be converted to a number)
- Fixed bug where enemies would spawn and appear hostile but not do anything and not be targettable
- Added button to give quick feedback via stomt
=== 13.03.2017: Pre-Alpha.3082 ===
- Using different time abilities in combination with each other now more reliable, consistent and hopefully intuitive
- Updates to track Propaganda by muutsch (still WIP)
- Game will now check if a new version is available and display a big button in the main menu if so
=== 28.02.2017: Pre-Alpha.2892 ===
- New music track: Zugzwang by The Orion Correlation and Lost & Found
- New music track: Propaganda by muutsch (WIP)
- Added a brightness slider to the options menu
- Can now choose between Fullscreen and Windowed Fullscreen (PC only)
- Added setting for FPS cap (30 / 60 / none)
- Fixed delay that happened at low FPS when giving orders
- Traceback time ability now animated
=== 27.01.2017: Pre-Alpha.2613 ===
- Added scripts to missions
- New narrative level at the end of the campaign is finished
- New VO grunts
=== 25.01.2017: Pre-Alpha.2485 ===
- Fixed issue where sometimes tiles would not be reachable when they should be
- Many new sound effects
- New narrative level at the end of the campaign (work in progress)
=== 20.01.2017: Pre-Alpha.2355 ===
- New sound effects and background street details
=== 18.01.2017: Pre-Alpha.2167.1 ===
- New options menu with separated video settings and FPS counter
- New sound effects
- Performance improvements
- Danger prediction should now predict further into the future and warns if predictions can't be made
=== 31.12.2016: Pre-Alpha.1909.3 ===
Fixed hitch that occurs on some PCs.
=== 31.12.2016: Pre-Alpha.1909.2 ===
Lower graphics settings no longer do resolution scaling.
=== 31.12.2016: Pre-Alpha.1909.1 ===
Fix for crash in "SetStaticMesh" when loading.
=== 18.12.2016: Pre-Alpha.1909 ===
First version: playable campaign comprising "Loop 1", roughly one-third of final campaign lengthc