Norco, Louisiana. December 14th, X92A.
Several days after returning to your childhood home to handle your dead mother's estate, you awake to find a strange message from your brother waiting in your voicemail. Accompanied by a fugitive security cyborg that your mother harbored for almost a decade, you must search the broken industrial landscapes of Norco to find your missing brother before it's too late. Featuring retro cyberpunk adventure gameplay that pays homage to such classics as Snatcher, Rise of the Dragon, and Read Only Memories, Norco guides the player through a rich pixelated world of androids, swamplands, and oil refineries to piece together a mystery that goes deeper than it seems.
- Converse with a range of unique characters through a branching non-linear dialogue system
- Collect scale and feather tokens to speak to reptiles and birds
- Rent and play games from the local video store
- Check the news and weather on your UX500
- Scratch away at the dark history of your hometown through investigation and puzzles
A Unique Glimpse Into Rural Louisiana
Norco is the culmination of years of research into the Louisiana River Parish region. The locales featured in the game are based on the diverse and complex histories of the area. The region's ecology is brought to life in pixelated splendor that draws heavily from the color palette of the Sega Master System.
Check out the Steam Greenlight page here. I've been inspired by and learned a lot from the Itch.io community and would really value any feedback. Thanks!