Since we started our global community we've had two separate boards for people to promote projects:
- Release announcements - a place to share your own releases
- itch.io share - a place to suggest other people's games
Sadly these boards didn't get as much use as we'd like to see. I've updated how they work as an experiment to see if we can get them to be more active.
Here are the changes:
- The sorting order of the topics is now based on the original post date, this means if someone posts on an older topic it won't bump up to the top
- Topics and be voted on up and down, and the voting buttons are available from the topic list and the top of the topic
- Topics that get more votes will stick around on top longer than topics that get less votes.
- Game thumbnails are extracted from the topics, and are now visible in the topic list