This is the announcement everyone has been waiting for! The original Orake has been Reborn and servers are now ONLINE!
All old characters and accounts have been wiped and everyone will be starting new. This re-release of the original game will be hosted indefinitely and will be free to play. There have been no major updates to the main game engine, but some minor changes have been made to general gameplay as well as the member system. See the release notes below for Orake Reborn details and changes that have been made.
Orake Reborn v2.0 Release Notes
- All accounts have been removed and players will need to create a new account to access the game. This clears the overloaded player account lists which will improve gameplay performance, but also improve the in-game economy that was imbalanced due to exploits or purchased game advantages over the years.
- A new install of the game will be required. You will no longer be able to access the game from the old install. Orake Reborn has an improved installer package and can be downloaded immediately from our page on Itch.io. The game will also be released on Steam sometime in the next few weeks as well but will exclusively be available via Itch.io for the initial release.
- Website purchases for in-game items will no longer be available, however we will still be accepting donations to help with game hosting and maintenance. The donations can be made via the Itch.io website during download or through PayPal found on the Orake Reborn website.
- Membership in-game is now open and free to everyone. Some member only features have been modified slightly to allow all users to access. If you had membership previously you will be given Member status on the discord server – new players and previous players who did not have membership will not be able to purchase the exclusive member designation. Additional benefits may be added in the future as well and will be announced if implemented.
- In-game feature modification highlights:
- New tutorial options have been added.
- Ork Coins will have an increased drop rate and are now tradeable. Ork Coin Boxes are also now available.
- Cosmetic shop items have now been made more affordable and some will be available to purchase from Slayer NPCs.
- Server Blesses will be triggered via skilling.
- Membership warps open to all, and are now level based.
- The Easter event is now permanently active along with the pet token shop.
- New cosmetics have been added as loot drops from various bosses!
- Be on the look-out for a new in-game storyline which is directly related to the new game!
Note that no new content will be added to the original game. In-game bug reports will still be accepted but will be carefully reviewed to determine if a fix will be implemented. The goal is to keep the servers online and playable and only high severity issues will be addressed moving forward. We will now be focusing our development efforts on the sequel which is currently being developed with a modern game engine and will be much easier for us to update and add new content. It will also provide players a more stable and scalable world to explore while supporting a larger online population. We will be posting news and updates as we continue development. An Alpha release will be planned within the next couple of months to open testing to a small group of players. If you would like to be part of the Alpha testing be aware that we will be choosing the group based on how active you are in Orake Reborn and your level of interaction with us outside of the game.
The comments and feedback from the original player base drove our motivation to reopen the servers and continue development of the game sequel. We encourage everyone to post feedback and interact with us as we move forward with new development. While the original Orake will no longer include memberships or a coin shop we also ask for everyone to consider a small donation to help with server costs moving forward to keep the game alive.
The main thing we ask of those who were the most vocal about the game going down is simply this: PLAY THE GAME! Get your friends to play, log on often, and help us get word out that the game is once again alive and we have some exciting plans for the future!
Oomst Games would also like to publicly thank the players that volunteered their time over the last few weeks. Their continued ideas, effort, and passion for the game is what made this re-release a reality. They have also been an inspiration to us to keep the game alive and move forward with the new game development.
THANK YOU, Meisnereffect, Zacuum, Dude, GodKindToro, Robstinator, Lazoh, and last but not least Clairance!