I've looked through the forums, and, it seems, a lot of the topics is kids trying to make their magical fantasy vidjagame ideas become reality. Which is great and all, but, well, that's not really very productive, considering everyone has a lot of fantasies and not every software developer has an endless supply of time and effort. Especially on a project of this sort.
I like this game. While playing this game I have discovered a number of things I have issues with. And I'd like to share them. If anybody has suggestions/problems of similar sorts - I think this would be a good place to share them.
Anyway, since the alpha victory feedback form suggested this forum and I sincerely doubt that the developers will go through all of the feedback supplied to the form -- EVERYBODY GETS A RANT!
If you could wave a magic wand and add or change anything at all, what would it be? Unlimited budget!
- Skipping the initial sequence. Once you've seen 10-15 of these, I wouldn't say that the entire sequence of WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR-WE'RE GONNA SEND YOU THROUGH A TUNNEL FOR 15 SECONDS is particularly captivating. Check out super meat boy. Your game is not very forgiving a lot of the time. The player dies a bunch. Reduce the respawn time. Also, perhaps, speed up the elevators/ use something faster than elevators. What's the point of them anyway? Just teleport the player. Or add a skip option of sorts. At least.
- Mouse capture inside the window during windowed mode is pretty broken. It's screwing up a lot if the player switches between windows.
- More movement upgrades? High jump? Srinting? Speed upgrades? Ground pound? Gliding? Grappling hooks? The fighting mechanics are very interesting although mouse movement can be abused pretty badly. Character movement, however, is very limited. Even considering the jetpack. I think I'd spent way more points on those kind of things than anything else.
- Related to that - why is the sword swipe directly affected by the character movement/turning direction? Is there no way to bind it to mouse movements? Would've been a lot more interesting of a control scheme than just "strafe right to strike left".
- Having played this game for hours, not once have I figured out how does the Kick upgrade work. If there is some magic behind that, I've watched some YouTube videos of the game, I played up to Diamond on my own, and I still have no clue how Kick works. Figure that shit out, maybe? Haven't really looked through the forums, but, well, I don't think that the Internet should be considered a valid Tutorial option.
What levels do you like the most/least?
Most -- the endless mode. Basically anything related to that. Mostly because it doesn't make me go through the first levels of the same boring bullshit without upgrades. Which, really, after about 10 times you can do barely looking at the screen.
Least -- the first levels of the Story. They should be skippable.
Like, add a counter to any player profile, when, after defeating a level N times, a player just gets to skip it and get the tech points for the levels, because, honestly, I've killed that first dude like a hundred times and it is such a waste of time that it made me prefer Endless mode disregarding what I feel about Story.
Which enemies do you find the most difficult?
Uhhh. Ultimate purple guys? I guess? Nobody is really that difficult in the game so far.
Any other comments!
Anybody to join me on the issues mentioned or present your own? Perhaps some realistic adjustments/improvements?