This is my 'improved' Strive that makes it more of the game I'd like to play. I created it to resolve some of the problems in starting the mansion in Gorn or Frostford and it then kept growing. The Gorn/Frostford mod makes game changes for
- starting in Gorn or Frostford by solving problems with jobs, levelup requests, merchants, repeatable quests
- reinforce the home city focus by closing down merchants and repeatable quests in other cities
- better game balance on some spells, items, and enemies
- guidance is no longer a teleport everywhere spell, you will have to travel
- quality of life improvements on enchantments, resting, and some quests
- (optional) an escalating payment system for players who want a long term money challange
There is no change to the sexy stuff in the game so play with this mod if you want a tighter, harder game or want a balanced Gorn/Frostford start.
Smaug made a request in v0.2 - "Can I request stuff? Maybe some way to implement a scaling dept or any kind of money sink to deal with endless late-game wealth. Some way to tweak uncivilized mobs so that the fights and capturing them would actually be challenge not a ez way to make way too much mone". I've tried to put that into this version with the charity scheme. Any feedback on that is welcome as I personally haven't tested it much.