Thank you for playing Colossorama! As of Version 1.1B2 we wanted to be able to better communicate when a new version of Colossorama becomes available and what changes were done on that version. We decided to make a change-log thread where one could easily check from the game's menu if there are any new updates. It's probably the best option given our current limitations (such as no auto-updater and the lack of methods to build one at the moment).
That being said, here's the change log for Version 1.1B2! (Released 30 Sept)
- Fixed high scores for Colossorama Mode, which were not being saved properly.
- Improved Game Mode selection screen. It now displays the current high scores for each of the modes in a much more readable and understandable way. Also fixed a typo where Colossorama Mode would show as Colossoram.
- Added the current high score to the Game Over screen so you can always know how many heads you were behind from your previous run. Put in this way, it really makes you wonder just how many heads have you stacked in total, eh?
- Made balance changes to the Pantheon Tech Drop Tables in Classic Mode to be closer to the original version of the game while keeping it's fairness.
- Nerfed the Lute. It's audio medicine was so effective that it was making gladiators piratically invincible. The Colosseum 36's public doesn't like seeing people staying alive for too long so we had to change that.
- Fixed a certain rare gladiator not spawning at all.
- Fixed rare issue of enemies being home-run-ed out of the arena, allowing them to escape and never come back.
- Added some new constraints to enemy movement to avoid them sometimes getting stuck on the player.
- [Web Version] Links properly work on the web version now and will open in a new tab, instead of getting stuck inside the embedded and never loading at all.
- Added a new "Updates" button to the menu that quickly links to this change log thread.
- Removed Twitter links from the Menu Screen and instead stashed them under a new Links menu which now has the Twitter links as well as links for the relevant itch.io pages.
- Improved the Controller Flow in various menus. One such example is when picking a new tech. Maniacally pushing controller buttons after ending a wave will no longer accidentally pick a new tech without your consent.
- Added a new window which asks the player for feedback after some rounds.
- Several miscellaneous optimizations.
- Made a Shoutout to Simpleflips.
Known Regressions (a small hot-hot-fix should be up later):
- Tech Cards will sometimes display both controller and item instructions when they should only display one at a time depending on the tech type.