Topic to leave feedback about the Test Build.
You can check the Current State, Roadmap and Known Bugs topic to know more about the current state of the game.
- Added a progress save system for the challenges.
- Added an FOV slider to the graphics settings menu. Needs some testing, are the max and min values enough for everyone?
- HELOS: Redesigned the telnet connection interface in the computers and changed the way the connection is closed to make it more intuitive and closer to the real thing.
- HELOS: changed the prompt to make it shorter. You now need to use whoami to see the logged user.
- Challenge 7: updated the instructions doc to show the specific door number.
- Challenges: increased the font size of the hud objectives' text a little to improve readability at some resolutions (is it enough?).
- The keyboard's numpad is now supported as input for the keypad panels.
- Rewrote the HELOS manuals found in levels 5 and 7 to reflect the changes I've made.
- Whenever possible, the prompted key to stop using an interactive object will now be E, although ESC will always work (for now, I've changed the document and panels UI to do so).
- Added Left Ctrl as a secondary key for crouching.
- Tutorials are not longer showed if the current level was already completed at least once.
- Reduced the line jitter effect in the menus a little.
- FIXED: HELOS, floppy content not being deleted after extraction, and path always resetting to c: after extracting disk...
- FIXED: the window telling the player that was the last level in the build wasn't working correctly, at least some times, and there was no way to exit it (there was a pointer that could be null under some circumstances that I wasn't checking before using).
- Added 3 new challenges (8, 9 & 10).
- Added an interactive scissor lift.
Turrets: modified to improve enemy detection (now it has a detection meter like the bots) and network access. Also, now when a turret is woken up it doesn't go to sleep on its own, it goes to scanning mode if the target is gone.
- Challenge 4: some changes to adapt it to the new Turret's behaviour (my solution to get a 100% score needs now an extra step).
- Redid the doors to make adding new variations easier in the future, hopefully didn't break anything (had to tweak all the doors in the levels and reenter some values).
- Security cameras: rewrote part of the code and added a raycast check to make the player detection more accurate/realistic. Still a little janky in some extreme cases but good enough for now. Also, the alarm sound now propagates and NPCs can hear it.
- Added player footstep sound propagation, a footstep plays a sound and now also checks a small area around it to for NPCs to alert, bigger when running. Moving while crouched makes no sound (needs some tweaking and testing, is it worth it?).
- Added working ladders.
- Added composite objective (you have to achieve at least one of the sub-objectives to be successful).
- Added 'pickable' handwheels to use with the pipe's valve.
- The tutorials' window can now be closed using 'E'.
- FIXED: HELOS: if a disk was inserted before turning a computer on for the first time, it broke (the path was malformed and the prompt was > instead of c:> and dir and other commands gave an error).
- FIXED: run key now does nothing when crouched.
- FIXED: turret bullet tracers were broken at some point and weren't visible (I hadn't noticed until now), they work again.
- All challenge mode content is now included: added levels 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 plus the standard ending and the 100% score ending.
- Added new enemy type: walking turrets.
- Added new type of enemy bot, one that throws energy balls.
- Added exploding barrels.
- Added safes.
- Added assault rifle.
- Added breakable crate.
- Enemy bodies can now be looted.
- Player now can't run or jump while grabbing big/heavy objects (right now, just the empty crate).
- Changed the corridor wall color of challenge levels 1 to 7 to green (experimenting with the color giving an idea of the difficulty progression Green->Orange->Red). All rooms now have blue walls to add a little visual variety while keeping things simple.
- Changed the lockpicking minigame to something similar to the one in fallout 3. The one I had is too ability/reflexes based, once you master it you rarely break lockpicks, and this new version, while maybe even more unrealistic, adds a little randomness so you always have the chance to break picks, even on the easy ones, but you also have the chance to be lucky and pick hard locks on the first try... (needs more testing to finetune the values for each difficulty)
- Sentry Turret lock on target code modifications needed for new Spider Turret, may have broken something, needs testing.
- Changed the sentry turret beep sounds to something less annoying.
- Added code to the bots to avoid attacking through map obstacles like doors and walls (at least most of the time)... needs testing to see if everything works as expected and evaluate if the potential performance hit, if any, is worth it.
- Improvements to how NPCs process sensory data (sounds, hits...) and how and when they investigate sounds (for some they just rotate to look at the sound origin and then rotate back, for others they go to investigate and come back soon, and for 'lure' items, right now just the soda cans, they stay there longer before returning). Turrets don't react to sounds (may change that in the future). Still needs more work.
- Bots now alert nearby bots when detecting an enemy (the player). Bots that are alerted this way don't alert nearby bots, or it could escalate quickly.
- Added HUD icon to show while reloading weapons. Also, interactions are now disabled while reloading.
- Created more spam emails to add to the computers so they feel more real and also to make important emails less obvious.
- Player can now use keys to take all and exit in the inventory/container UI.
- Pressing the reload key while already reloading the shotgun stops the reload after the current projectile is loaded (until now this was done pressing the fire button, now both inputs do it).
- Many other small tweaks to some levels and objects.
- FIX: enemies can now see and damage the player while climbing a ladder.
- FIX: wooden doors were missing in challenge level 0, I had accidentally deleted the prefab and didn't notice until now.
- FIX: computers now correctly turn off when players abruptly stop using them because of an enemy attack.
- Level 9: changed the interactive double doors below to a fixed broken version to eliminate an unplanned way to finish the level more easily than I wanted.
- Level 13: moved the walking turrets' start position a little ahead so people replaying/speedrunning the level don't have to wait so long for them to get to a safe position.
- Disabled climbing while reloading weapons.