I don't see any reason why not, but I'm reluctant to make any promises right now. The itch.io page was set up mainly to allow a very few people who'd been hounding me to see what I was up to. I haven't been pushing it because I honestly don't think the game's worth your time yet. The RPS article has resulted in a bunch of purchases I wasn't expecting, and me having a minor panic attack trying to figure out how to get the game to a fully-playable state faster.
If it matters to you, I'd suggest waiting until I release on Steam. It won't be too much longer, and when I hit the button you'll know that I consider it worth your time. I'll also update the itch.io page with a definite statement about Steam keys then.
Apologies for the vagueness, I'm just trying to save my sanity and your time.