Hi everyone! For everyone on the beta, we've just posted a new update: 0.1.13041.
Yesterday's updated fixed several stability issues, and this update fixes the last known crash bugs that we're currently aware of. We expect that this should be our last update for another week or so.
Scroll to the bottom for the changelist; here again are the installation instructions:
- Download the latest version via the web and unzip on top of your current install -- or, if using the launcher, make sure you're using the latest version of the itch.io launcher (18.7.0 or later) and reinstall the game. Again, the beta is available here.
- If you're having problems loading the game or are otherwise unable to get to the main menu, please try the following:
If you used the itch.io client to extract the game, hit Win+R (to open the "Run" box) and then paste the following into that box:
%appdata%\itch\apps\Aven Colony Beta\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\
If you downloaded it as a ZIP, navigate into the directory you extracted it, and then go into Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us .
In that folder you should see an executable named UE4PrereqSetup_x64. If you run that, that will install everything that the game needs - and you should then be able to run the game without issues!
- If that doesn't work, user satoru has also posted a very helpful master fixes thread in our forums.
While the vast majority of our users are reporting no problems, we want to reassure you that we're fully focused on resolving any significant issues as quickly as possible. For those of you affected by any issues, thank you for your patience as we work to resolve any issues affecting you.
Here's the changelist for 0.1.13041:
- Significant improvements to stability; yesterday's update fixed many issues, and this update fixes all remaining crash bugs that we're aware of.
- The last Veronika reward in Vanaar now properly gives Potash
- Fixed issue where the in-game menu could appear and then disappear with low frame rates
- Fixed some issues with construction drones and addicted citizens when loading a save game
- Fixed a rare bug where the surveillance camera ('C' key) could place itself inside a Trade Hub, causing lines to appear on the screen as the Trade Hub corners interpenetrated the view frustrum
- Several other minor tweaks and fixes