Topic to leave feedback about the Test Build 0.2
Test Version 0.2.0:
This test build keeps the content already in the previous versions for further testing but, besides some fixes and small changes, adds the new loading/unloading jobs and a forklift to do them. Those jobs will be the main focus of the 0.2.x builds and the thing I'm looking for feedback about the most, but I've changed a good amount of small things so maybe I've broken something about the old stuff, if you see something that has stopped working let me know.
You can check the Current State, Roadmap and Known Bugs topic to know more about the current state of the game.
- Forklift test jobs and vehicle added.
- Modified starting area (Vinny's Trucking Company).
- Dialogue UI and code improvements.
- Job Selection UI improvements.
- Added back the minimap health bars for character and vehicles (need some more work).
- Redid the code for the HUD and miinimap target markers to make it more reusable.
- Added experimental first person driving camera (only working with the forklift for now and has some bugs).
- Updated the engine (Unity) to version 2018.2.3f1.
- (FIX): wheels no longer rotate when the vehicle is not moving (needs more testing to check if really fixed).
- (FIX): The UIs for the "auto upgrade" and the "clothing store" are working again with mouse input (I had broken them at some point but hadn't noticed).
- (FIX) Timer showing in forklift jobs, when it shouldn't, if you did a previous job of another type that used it.
- Disabled the supermarket interior (right now it was just a big place with nothing to do).
- Increased a little how many seconds a day takes, but not by much (I still want it to be quite fast for testing purposes).
- The HUD now pops an info line showing how many diamonds you've "lost" after you give them to the diamonds dealer. And you get XP and money after you give him 10, but I don't think there are enough in the map to test that yet.
- (FIX) Base Info in HUD not going away after entering and leaving the caravan.
- Added Terrain object to start testing additional ways to shape the island and add more variety.
- Started experimenting with a splines asset I bought some time ago, to extrude meshes and create roads with more curves. I've extended my editor tools to make use of those splines and add the needed nodes for the cars to use the road sections made that way.
- Started fleshing out the area of the map north of the first bridge, the desert/mountains road is totally revamped.
- Extended the swimming code to be able to transition seamlessly from water to ground and viceversa and added new particles for the water ripples and splashes. (May need a little more polishing and testing).
- Added some rim lighting and new particles to the gold coin and diamond pickups and reduced the amount of money they give.