Topic to leave feedback about the Test Build 0.1
Test Version 0.1.0:
This is the first public test build and I've made many changes in the last few days, trying to get it ready as soon as possible, so for this one I'm mostly interested in just knowing if it runs, if things more or less work as expected and if there are any major bugs...
In this build, there's a 'career mode' where you can walk around or drive the one car you'll own from the start, talk to Vinny to start some test jobs (4 or 5 hand-designed trailer deliveries and infinite randomly generated crates deliveries), get inside some buildings and play some early versions of minigames like chess or an arcade game... and basically explore a chunk of the game's island. There is also a 'challenges' section that currently just has a couple test examples.
You can check the Current State, Roadmap and Known Bugs topic to know more.
Update (Test Version 0.1.1):
Bug fixes and changes:
- Created a blurred rotor texture to use when the heli is flying to avoid the Wagon-wheel effect.
- (FIX) The interface of the shops now works with a gamepad.
- Increased the range of the player vehicles' headlights.
- Interiors: increased the ambient light, they were too dark at times.
- Worked on the pedestrian's reactions after getting hit: for slow/minor collisions they just yell and jump a little but if run over they fall down, the player gets a traffic warning (or ticket if keeps doing it too soon) and they get up afterwards (needs more testing, I could have introduced some animation bugs).
- Interiors: made some of the interactive objects (doors, console, chess, computer...) blink so it's more obvious what you can interact with.
- Dynamic objects: added more things you can collide and 'break' or move if you hit them hard enough: traffic signs, mail boxes and fire hydrants.
- Weather: adjusted the time a storm lasts (needs some more testing, I'm trying to make them a little shorter).
- (FIX) You were able to park a trailer outside of the marked area while barely touching one of the lines, hopefully that's now fixed (needs more testing).
- Made an easy (bigger) version of the marked area to park the trailer for "easy difficulty" trailer jobs. The first couple of test jobs use that, so the players get used to how things work and don't get frustrated if they are not good at parking at first.
- Tweaked the input for the vehicles using a curve to change how fast the steering angle changes depending on the current angle, making it slower at the start and end. Not sure if it's even noticeable but the goal is to make it harder to lose control at normal speeds, avoiding some of the brusque movements that could happen, especially with a gamepad (somehow I like how they handle with the keyboard more, but should work the same), although I still want them to be harder to control if you speed up too much.
Update (Test Version 0.1.2):
Bug fixes and changes:
- Added a new section in the main menu, before starting a new career, to give some info about the state of the game and the official download site.
- Added a pop up tutorial explaining how to park after reaching the delivery location during the first job, some people are having trouble understanding when the trailer is correctly parked.
- (FIX) Credits Menu: Fixed a problem with the scrollbar after disconnecting a gamepad.
- (FIX) Crates job: hud info text now correctly says crate or crates depending on the number of crates.
- (FIX) Added info text to the message window that appears after falling into the water during a job or a challenge.
- Player's vehicles: Added an acceleration limiter that depends on the current gear. It now takes more time to get to the top speed depending on the vehicle. (may need some more testing).
- Added white border to job list gui's arrows.
- Vehicles, pedestrians and dynamic objects now reset after teleport/cancel job/finish job/reset job.
- Dynamic objects: tweaked the volume of some of them, limited min. time between sounds.
- Pedestrians: added a little push when a walking pedestrians gets hit by a car. (may need some more testing).
- Pedestrians: voices now have a custom pitch for every individual, different for female and male. (may need some more testing).
- Options Menu: graphics/audio config. menu now can be used with a gamepad.
- Controls Menu: it now shows the default layout for keyboard or gamepad depending on the current input method (no key remapping for now).