When I make a particle system from my drawing. the material used is a "runtime material". this creates lost referencing when serializing it into a prefab.
Steps to reproduce:
- Use unity 2017.3.1 (might also happen in other versions but this is what i'm using right now)
- Create a cool doodle.
- Press ⬆️ Add > add as particles.
- Drag the newly created gameobject to the project window, to create a prefab.
- Drag je newly created prefab into the hiarchy to create a new instance.
- You will notice that the material is unassigned now.