Unless specifically noted game updates should not break save files. However, a game version update will make your save out of date.
Editing your Save.bum file to change the SaveVersion line (the second line of the save file) to the currently installed version of Steam Marines 2 should allow the game to load the file correctly, for example SaveVersion v0.7.0a to SaveVersion v0.7.1a
The Save.bum file, as well as other config files, can be located at the following locations:
Windows: "\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Worthless Bums\Steam Marines 2\"
Mac: "~/Library/Application Support/Worthless Bums/Steam Marines 2/"
Lin: "~/home/<User>/.config/Worthless Bums/Steam Marines 2/"
- Implemented camera pan movement controls to setup > Keybindings.
- Fixed various UI elements possibly blocking other elements in certain resolutions.
- Exposed more developer console debug tools to players (documentation forthcoming).
- Added a message to screen when the game is saving in the combat scene.
- Added another tier of marine weapons that can be found in treasure chests.
- Added enemy unit camera tracking, enabled/disabled in Settings > Gameplay.
- Added more information to the marine targeting panel, such as marine class effects.
- Added more information and color coded enemy unit tooltips.
- Certain explanation text clarified, e.g. marine tooltip accuracy now specifies base accuracy.
- Changed the way certain sound effects were played so they were not dependent on player camera distance.
- Fog of war slightly tweaked to show doors more clearly when marines are in hallways with doors just within sight range.
- Reduced delay in UI scaling when running certain hardware setups and resolutions when first loading the tactical scene.
- Various performance tweaks for low to high end machines.
- Bugfix: Treasure chests and alien merchants sometimes spawning at incorrect height positions.
- Bugfix: Alien merchant colliders sometimes being too large and triggering off marines on far away tiles.
- Bugfix: Skill icons 4, 5, and 6 ordered correctly from left to right instead of right to left.
- Bugfix: Marine dialogue not always firing on picking up items.
- Bugfix: Linux and Mac builds should have resolution being saved correctly to file for wide screen windowed resolutions.
- Linux/Ubuntu 14.04 LTS support.
- The environment/move keybinds have been renamed to select/interact to clarify what those actually do. Additionally opening doors has been moved into the interact keybinding both for correctness and to prevent players from accidentally deselecting their marine(s).
- New event log in tactical field.
- Randomize names button in Commander creation screen.
- New targeting panel UI shader.
- Targeting panel UI bottom now clamps lower to prevent blocking target sight.
- Added armor rating to selected unit panel resource lines.
- Added the gameplay option UI Constant Size toggle.
- Added queuing system to unit dialogue boxes so getting spammed with dialogue will not almost instantly hide previous recent dialogue.
- Lowered the average damage per attack of enemy units across the board. Some units have had accuracy or crit values increased to compensate.
- Bugfix: Enemy units would not reset to idle animations after certain attack situations.
- Bugfix: Single click would sometimes open a door and move the marine onto the new floor space.
- Bugfix: Sometimes marine temporary attack effects would not wear off after attacking.
- Bugfix: Brainien firing through multiple walls, typically targeting the marine Commander.
- Bugfix: Some enemy melee attacks sometimes playing flamethrower sound effects.
- Fixed Guard tooltip to correctly say the skill requires 4 Action.
- Renamed some grenade skills to bombs to better reflect their in-game use.