We'll try to keep this post updated with the latest release roadmap
Release Date is looking like
May/June 2018 July August 2018 (have to avoid Steam summer sale) right now and will include these items: Tutorial - the entire starting experience will change prior to launchUpdated in Build 41 but more work will be done here based on feedback
- Mission Types - currently have Find Loot, Escape, Eliminate Hostiles. Plan is to add Defend Area, Disarm Stuff (reactors, bombs), Lone Wolf, Facility Defense, Find Key and maybe a few more.
- Character “Plot Lines” and Story Elements - this isn't in the game yet but we are working on some cool ideas. More soon in a blog post.
- Random Encounters - all the encounter scripts in the game currently are placeholder. Expect more of everything and most encounters won't be skippable. We are adding some new more specialized encounter types like Hospital (find medical items), Power Production (if a power plant goes nuclear it might change the environment), Farm and a few more.
- Weapon Effects - adding laser, plasma and poison weapons and distinct death animations for each
- More Items
- we want to add around 20 more equippable itemsAdded in Build 42
- Sound Design - working on adding more ambient sounds and improving the voice over. We haven't decided if the VO will be in the final product yet either!
- Character Classes
- Expect a few changes here as we are working on 2 additional player classes and 4 enemy classes that can be unlocked. It's also looking like we will be removing the "Saboteur" class due to the Stealth system not being fully implementedAdded in Build 42 "Step Out and Fire" mechanic when behind walls. also walls should provide some cover (at least on corners).Added in Build 42 Improve Procedural Level generationaddressed in Build 41 and love to hear feedback Improve User Experience- this was mostly addressed in Build 41
- Balancing - i think the beginning is balanced right but difficulty doesn't ramp up enough in each new area yet
Things we'd like to do but may not have time
(but might be in a content update)
- GamePad support - I originally planned to have this at launch but it looks questionable at best for now, so it will definitely be top priority post launch
- Localization - I know a lot of you would like to see this at launch also but it's going to be tough to get it in from a technical perspective as we just don't have all the encounter and dialog text "set" yet so we can't really start working on this until then
- Stealth system - the current game has line of site and some stats that use it but the UI to make them more transparent to players just isn't there. This probably means the Saboteur class will be removed also.
- Bleeding System - we've talked about this one a few times on the DevLog but decided adding another major system at this point is a bad idea.
- Bigger Bosses - there are quite a few "bosses" that you can face in later missions within each area and we had imagined amping some of these up but probably won't have time to implement them
- More Enemies - we actually have another enemy "faction" planned but won't be able to get them implemented in time.
- Base Building
- Sub Battles - we'd like to do more with the subs but there's just not time!
We're maintaining a Trello board with all known bugs and you are welcome to take a look!
Found something we don't have listed? Submit a Bug Report here!