Raft - Update Steam 1.01b - (2018-11-6) Read More
It is once again time for another update! One of the most requested features since we launched here on Steam has been the ability to change the field of view. There were some technical issues with changing the FOV which is why it has taken a little longer than we hoped for, but we are pleased to say it is finally here.
Apart from this some smaller bugs have also been fixed:
- A bug where the binocular overlay image could some times be stuck even when not using th binoculars should now be fixed.
- Removing a research table should no longer cause a player using it to get stuck in the research menu.
- To balance the bow, the shark now swims deeper when hit by an arrow from above water.
Raft - Update Steam 1.01b - (2018-1-6) Read More
What a great week it has been! Raft released a little over a week ago and seeing all the things you have built and hearing about your experiences in the game has been nothing less than amazing! While it seems most of you have had quite a smooth run overall, there has been some pesky bugs here and there. The past week we have been working tirelessly to eliminate as many of those little bastards as possible and we want to thank every one of you who has been so helpful with sending us bug reports and feedback!
Apart from fixing a whole lot of bugs, we have added the possibility to hide the UI for more cinematic screenshots by pressing the period button '.' (Point)
And here is the full list of bug fixes and changes:
- Bug where some people would lose their inventory and/or get a black screen with only UI when joining a friend should now be resolved.
- The system to select frame rate limit has been reworked to hopefully fix bug where some peoples limit was automatically resetting to 20.
- Debris, abandoned rafts and islands no longer spawn in creative to increase building performance.
- Collider system has been removed in creative to drastically decrease delay when building floors and foundations on bigger rafts.
- Sensitivity slider range has been changed from 0-5 to 0.1-20 to allow for much more sensitive input.
- Removed two instances of inventory duplication bugs.
- Removed bug where you could pick up the lantern ghost placement block.
- Removed two bugs where you could get stuck in the storage UI.
- You should now be able to build sloped walls next to inverted roofs.
- Main menu has been adjusted to better support 21:9 aspect ratio.
- You should no longer be able to pick up throwable anchor while hook or fishing rod is in use.
- Black paint color adjusted to look less green.
- Bug where you could not get resurrected after rejoining in dead state should now be resolved.
- You should now be able to craft shark bait in creative mode.
- Bug where rain was visible under water should now be resolved.
- Changed typo from 'further' to 'farther'.
- Changed typo from 'reciever' to 'receiver'.
- You should no longer be able to place 5 shark heads in an equipment slot.
- Inverted roofs now have a cost.
- Being stuck after dying on chair should now be resolved.
Raft - Update Steam 1.01 - (2018-25-5) Read More
First of all, thank you for an incredible launch! It has been amazing to see so many of you play the game and your feedback has simply been awesome! We have got an update for you. We have added something many of you have been asking for and hopefully it can add even more flare to your rafts! The ladder! It will allow for more compact ways to travel between different floors and it looks pretty sweet on a raft. We hope you find it useful!
The option to change where your frame rate is capped has been added. It can also be disabled all together by setting the slider all the way to the right. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, a button has been added in the main menu which allows you to disable the sending of analytics data to the developers.
In addition to this, quite a lot of bugs have been fixed as well. Here's the full list:
- Playing in creative no longer counts towards achievement progress.
- Holding a throwable anchor while shark destroys the foundation it is placed on no longer breaks the game.
- You can now bind a key to "ESC".
- Removing bed while some one is laying in it no longer breaks the game.
- You can now have the period '.' character in world names. (Fixes the issue with save files appearing lost).
- Changing resolution is no longer reset when entering the settings menu.
- You can no longer "duplicate" water by drinking and watering plants at the same time.
Raft - Update Steam 1.00 - (2018-24-5) Read More
After more than a year in development, Raft is finally out on Steam! With a bunch of new features such as multiplayer, islands, abandoned rafts and much more we are excited to let you once again jump into the life of raft survival!
We’re incredibly happy to finally have the new version of the game out there again! Thanks to the amazing response we got on the prototype, we’ve been able to develop Raft into the game we envisioned from the start, and we can’t say how glad and humbled we are to have been given that opportunity. Therefore we want to give a huge shout out and the biggest thank you to everyone who played the game, gave us feedback, donated and motivated us during development. Your support has been amazing!
Even though the game is now out and miles better than the prototype in every aspect, development has not stopped. Raft will continue to grow during the Early Access. With the coming addition of more wildlife and equipment, more places to explore and more things to craft, we’ll continue to build on the foundation that we’ve just released. With the help of your feedback, we will strive to make this the best game we can possibly make.
With that said. We thoroughly hope you will enjoy Raft and we can’t wait to hear what you think about it!
Raft - Update Prototype 1.05b - (2017-10-6, 21:25)
- Lag Optimization!
- Added: A window to the right with all the information about launching the new version of the Raft game.
- Bug fix: Light shadow optimization.
- Updated: Game logo.
- Updated: Water graphic.
- Updated: Items graphic.
- Added: Plastic Duke form "Scrap Mechanic" Game .
Raft - Update Prototype 1.05 - (2016-1-2, 17:10)
- Day and Night Cycle!
- Updated: Water Graphic.
- New Buildables: Chair / Table / Lantern.
- Updated: Thatch graphic.
- New Plant: Beetroot.
- New Resource: Nail.
- Redid collision system when placing objects.
- Options menu which includes video, audio and control settings (more options will come later).
- Save button added separetly so you can exit the game without saving.
- You can now hold 'R' to rotate items freely and tap 'R' to snap 90 degrees.
- Pickup buildable items by hitting breaking them with the axe such as cooking stations, chests and more.
- Bug fix: Stuff placed underneath a ramp should work as intended.
- Bug fix: Getting stuck in item nets should not happen any more.
- Bug fix: Disapearing items from chests should be fixed.
- Bug fix: You can no longer walk twice as fast by walking diagonaly.
- Bug fix: Shark stuck in eat animation.
- Bug fix: Interaction range fixed with useable objects such as chests and cooking stations.
- Bug fix: Could not build where a building had been destroyed.
Raft - Update Prototype 1.04 - (2016-12-31, 13:29)
Important!! Saved games before V1.04 is not compatible with V1.04
- Chests! There is now a way to store your stuff!
- Mac support!
- Linux support! (Has not been fully tested, help us test it Linux users).
- Updated: readme file.txt
- Text that tells the users how to rotate ("R" key) objects while building.
- Changed description of Axe.
- Hook charges faster when holding left click.
- Hook pulls towards player faster.
- Added: Support for not creating a save file with an already existing name.
- Shark does more damage.
- Shark has more health.
- Sprinting with SHIFT.
- Item stacking when combining draging an item onto another item of the same type.
- Bug fix: Walls could not be placed at all rotations when placed around a pillar.
- Bug fix: Flying coconuts.
- Bug fix: Floors could not be placed sometimes, this should be fixed now.
Raft - Update Prototype 1.03 (Hotfix) - (2016-12-24, 9:16)
- Repaired version 1.02 mistake where one would get stuck on loading screen after creating a new game, silly but devastating mistake by us.
Raft - Update Prototype 1.02 - (2016-12-23, 22:16)
- Bug fix: Major bug where loading a game could cause the loading of a level to freeze and crash the game.
- Added: A loading screen.
- Bug fix: Where walls could not always be placed next to each other.
Raft - Update Prototype 1.01 - (2016-12-23, 15:30)
- You can now save your game. This is done by exiting the game to desktop or to main menu. Everything is not saved in this patch, this is a list of what is saved currently: The raft / Player stats / Inventory / Crop plot and cooking stands. More saving will be added in future patches.
- Bug fix: Where items would stop spawning fixed.
- Shark meat name has been changed to "Cooked shark meat" from "Cooked mackerel".
- Net has changed name to "Item net" from "Net".
- Bug fix: Where opening inventory while in build menu would create a GUI glitch.
- Removed water splash effect when shark is dead.
Raft - Update Prototype 1.0 - (2016-11-5, 14:46)
- The first pprototype version is now available on Itch.io!