By yourself or with friends, your mission is to survive an epic oceanic adventure across a perilous sea! Gather debris to survive, expand your raft and be wary of the dangers of the ocean!
"On a small piece of wood, with nothing but a hook made of old pieces of plastic, you wake up on the vast, blue ocean. You are alone and there is no land as far as the eye can see. The water is calm and all you can hear is the faint sound of waves and a gentle breeze. With a dry throat and an empty stomach, survival will not be easy."
"Trapped on a small raft with nothing but a hook made of old plastic, players awake on a vast, blue ocean totally alone and with no land in sight! With a dry throat and an empty stomach, survival will not be easy!
Raft throws you and your friends into an epic adventure out on the big open sea, with the objective to stay alive, gather resources and build yourself a floating home worthy of survival.
Resources are tough to come at sea: Players will have to make sure to catch whatever debris floats by using their trusty hook and when possible, scavenge the reefs beneath the waves. However, thirst and hunger is not the only danger in the ocean… watch out for the man-eating shark determined to end your voyage!"
"Raft started as a student project at Uppsala University, Campus Gotland fall 2016. A group of three students spent around 15 weeks half-time to create a prototype for a survival game set on an endless ocean. Said prototype was released for free on Itch.io December 19th, 2016, right before christmas. While the group was home on christmas break, Raft was starting to get noticed by more and more youtubers and gained a lot of traction on Itch.io.
By the end of May the prototype had been downloaded over 7 million times and was covered by several major youtubers such as Jacksepticeye, Markiplier and FGTeeV. This type of response came as quite the shock to the developers. They quickly decided to keep developing Raft into something bigger and better. With their sights set on a Steam Early Access release in 2018 they met with Scrap Mechanic developers Axolot Games in search for an investor and publisher. With their common passion for survival games both parties felt this was a perfect match and soon after decided to work together. With the support of Axolot Games, the team founded the studio Redbeet Interactive, moved to Skövde and continued the development of Raft."
- About Redbeet Interactive:
"Redbeet Interactive is a very small studio of three people founded in 2017. It is based in Skövde, Sweden and consists of two graphics artists and one programmer who all attended the game design program at Uppsala University, Campus Gotland. The studio is currently developing Raft, which is its first project."
- About Redbeet Interactive Team:
- André Bengtsson - Co-Founder, 3D & 2D Artist
- Semih Parlayan - Co-Founder, Programmer
- Ellen Mellåker - Co-Founder, 3D Artist
- Victor Heilskov - Community Manager
- Gabriel Ajuwa - Programmer
- Gum Viktor Ohlsson - Sound Design
- Jannik Schmidt - Music
- Mikaela Pålsson - Female voice
- Jon Karlsson - Male voice
- Contact Redbeet Interactive:
- Con@tact Redbeet Interactive Email: email@example.com
- Support @ Interactive Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Redbeet Interactive Adress: Kanikegränd 3, Skövde, Sweden
- Raft Features:
- Multiplayer! Survive by yourself or with friends in online co-op!
- Hook! Use your hook to catch debris floating by.
- Craft! Build survival equipment, weapons, crop plots and more to help you stay alive!
- Build! Expand your raft from a simple wreckage to a buoyant mansion.
- Research! Learn new things to craft in the research table.
- Navigate! Sail your raft towards new places!
- Dive! Drop anchor and explore the depths for more resources.
- Fight! Defend your raft from the dangers of the ocean.
- Raft Publisher:
"Raft is proudly published by Axolot Games, the developers behind the hugely popular game Scrap Mechanic."
- Raft Release date:
Release - 23/5/2018
Prototype - 16/12/2016
- Raft Distributors:
Release - www.raft-game.com
Prototype - www.itch.io
- Raft Platforms:
Release - Windows
Prototype - Windows / Linux / Mac OS
- Raft Source Code:
- Game Engine - "without info"
- 3D Models - Blender Software
- Game Engine - Unity 3D Software
- 3D Models - Blender Software