So, as you can read up here on the Nowhere Prophet Blog, I've improved the connection of events and combats. There's a bunch of new options available now:
- Decide which team starts the combat
- Make the enemy team start with some wounded units
- Define the grid-size
- Spawn specific obstacles on the grid
- Pre-Spawn units on the grid
- Add buffs to either leader
Now the next challenge is to come up with some interesting scenarios based on these options.
Here are a few examples:
- If the enemy ambushes you, they start first
- You can trigger a rockslide on the enemy forces, meaning some of them are wounded when combat begins
- You are pushed into a tight area and some of your lanes are completely blocked with obstacles
- You are assaulting an enemy stronghold and your grid only has traps/hazards placed by the enemy
- You are defending a key item (unique obstacle) that, if destroyed auto-loses the combat for your side
- You are trying to grab a key item (unique cache) that, if destroyed by a follower auto-wins the combat for your side
- You end up in a fight during a sandstorm and both leaders start with a buff that deals damage to them each turn.
And I'm sure there's more where that came from you, so what can you come up with?