Hello! I made a list of things I ran into trouble with/would have liked while working on my game in the last jam - here's a quick list of them:
- I copied/pasted most of the dialogue in from google docs where I wrote the script, and found that I had to replace a lot of punctuation in Bitsy (mainly " and ') else it would display as weird characters in-game.
- I wanted to have carriage returns in some of the text but wasn't able to as it cut off the dialogue at that point in-game. It also automatically deleted the text from the paint tool/game data sometimes if there was a carriage return
- I would have liked to be able to rearrange the order of sprites/tiles/rooms etc. in the paint tool/room editor
- Maybe being able to re-name rooms as well?
- I would maybe mention about walls in the 'about' section as I didn't know how they worked at first
- Being able to select a tile from the map as well as from the tile editor (I accidentally replaced tiles on the map quite a few times because I forgot you can't do this :p )
- Maybe the ability to shift entire rooms up/down/left/right tile by tile - in a couple of places I found that I had placed everything in slightly the wrong place and had to replace all the tiles one by one
Hopefully some of this is useful anyway! :)