3.6.1 (May 18, 2019)
- Added a credits button to the main menu that opens a credits menu.
- Reduced screenshot resolution multiplier from 4x to 1x. (Post processing doesn't properly scale with this multiplier.)
- Fixed ambient healing being able to cause premature player revival after a death.
- Fixed bolts not being collected if death occurs while companion bolt grabbing is in progress.
- Fixed bolts floating slightly.
3.6.0 (May 7, 2019)
- Added ambient player healing to an area.
- Polished the "level complete" text.
- Fixed pumpkin spiders not returning to their start locations on target loss.
- Fixed portal exit checkpoints saving unnecessarily, causing health resets.
- Fixed the scrapyard bonfire's ground light particles sometimes looking like a vortex by replacing them with a shader-based effect.
- Fixed a particle system not emitting particles on the triangles of its intended shape mesh.
3.5.0 (April 24, 2019)
- Added an "Exit Level" button to the pause menu.
- Added a "Return to Title" button to the pause menu.
- Replaced the bolts in the title screen's background with their redesign.
3.4.1 (April 23, 2019)
- Polished collectible counter UI text.
- Brightened the golden gear collectible's UI icon.
- Smoothed the cogs and improved the colors of the golden gear collectible.
- Increased the saturation of the scrapyard's collectible directional light color.
3.4.0 (April 22, 2019)
- Replaced collectible bolts with a colorful redesign.
- Replaced the bolt GUI icon with the redesigned bolt model.
- Disabled the grassy hub's crystal cave point light's effect on collectibles, to prevent color dilution.
- Fixed gear eject sound effect always playing when loading into the scrapyard if the return portal is activated.
- Fixed scrapyard return portal gear not being enabled on level load if it was previously ejected, but not collected, and then the portal was disabled and saved in that state.
- Fixed getting permanently stuck between stalagmites in the grassy hub's crystal cave by adding a sphere collider.
- Fixed a face being twisted on the rock geometry separating the woods from the pond in the grassy hub.
- Fixed the culled back faces of some details protruding from the grassy hub's windmill being visible at certain angles.
- Fixed the save file menu not closing after save deletion is confirmed.
3.3.0 (April 16, 2019)
- Temporarily replaced the grassy hub's bolt collectibles with colorful Easter eggs.
- Improved Nytro's run, jump, fall, and glide animations.
- Added tail bending and head rotation in response to player rotation.
- Added animations for leaning into turns while charging.
- Replaced basic walking animation with a sneaking animation.
- Reduced transition time from falling to running animation.
- Added depth-based color changes to Nytro while underwater.
- Added details to cattails and lotus flowers in the grassy hub.
- Fixed some uses of the crystal sparkle shader being unintentionally weaker when viewed from certain angles.
- Removed an unnecessary collider from the darkness of space mesh in the grassy hub's sky.
3.2.2 (February 22, 2019)
- Fixed a crash on loading into levels on Mac.
3.2.1 (February 20, 2019)
- Added an input mapping settings menu.
- Added wrapping to menu navigation.
- Improved navigation to and from menu back buttons.
- Improved automatic menu scrolling when navigating without a mouse.
- Added cursor hiding while navigating in the main menu.
- Increased settings and file select menu scroll sensitivity from 20 to 32.
- Improved confirmation prompt visibility, for use against arbitrary backgrounds.
- Replaced instances of the basic UI text component with instances of the newer, sharper TextMesh Pro text component.
- Fixed some text alignment inconsistencies.
- Removed the obsolete change camera mode hotkey.
- Fixed being able to zap after exploding, before respawning.
- Fixed getting stuck between a wall and giant mushroom stalk in the scrapyard's spider colony.
- Fixed getting stuck between giant rocks in the grassy hub.
- Fixed the new character controller not listening for enable and disable flight messages.
3.2.0 (January 12, 2019)
- Replaced dynamic player character controller with a kinematic controller.
- Slightly reduced max jump height due to changes in how velocity is calculated in the new character controller.
- Converted some moving objects to moving platforms.
- Increased the width of a shortcut object in the scrapyard, for easier recognition and usability.
- Fixed jumping spider damage not stunning player.
- Fixed glide sound continuing to play when the menu is opened while gliding.
- Fixed a space filler collider in the grassy hub playing the default footstep sound (grass) instead of crystal.
- Fixed a freeze by disabling pause menu toggling during screen fades.
- Fixed barrel break particle effects not correctly facing away from explosion damage sources.
- Brightened the walkable part of the roof arch on the scrapyard's main building.
- Changed grassy hub music's load type to streaming.
- Increased the max number of simultaneous scrapyard liquid damage sound effect instances from 1 to 2.
- Removed the now unused pause on charge hit setting.
- Moved the ambient occlusion setting into a "Buggy" video options category, to better convey its unrecommended status.
3.1.0 (November 9, 2018)
- Made all scrapyard enemies except zombies respawn on player respawn.
- Made spark of life plugs despawn on player respawn.
- Made the woods bonfire require manual activation.
3.0.4 (November 8, 2018)
- Significantly reduced sliding on angled surfaces.
- Fixed a rare condition potentially resulting in floating in the air.
3.0.3 (November 7, 2018)
- Added details to the back of the tree head atop the woods.
- Added a 0.018 second grace period on falling during which jumping is still allowed.
- Improved visibility of jet pack's underwater stream lines.
- Fixed not being able to jump while walking down slopes.
- Fixed an electric bolt being visible when sneezing underwater.
3.0.2 (November 6, 2018)
- Added particle effect to scrapyard woods ghosts.
- Made scrapyard woods ghosts easier to trigger.
- Brightened explosive barrel and safe fragment particles to better match the containers.
- Added box colliders over the windows in the entrance hallway in the middle of The Scrapyard's facility.
- Fixed some rare conditions potentially allowing floating in the air.
- Fixed some sound effects losing their bus and therefore not being affected by audio sliders when loading into a level.
- Fixed spark of life plugs from an eye bat spawning on top of a tree by moving its origin from its base to its center. Increased starting velocity of spawned spark of life plugs from 2.5 to 3.5 to compensate for the spawn height reduction.
- Fixed spark of life plug velocity not being reset when the pool manager reuses one.
- Fixed zap attack bolts hitting the ground by reducing radius from 0.5 to 0.4.
- Fixed being able to trigger robot head placement more than once in The Scrapyard.
3.0.1 (November 4, 2018)
- Fixed save data failing to initialize when a save file is not found.
3.0.0 (November 4, 2018)
- Added a new level: The Scrapyard.
- Added a portal in the grassy hub that leads to The Scrapyard.
- Added post-processing to the title screen scene (copied from the first hub).
- Added a sound effect on death.
- Added a sound and particle effect on healed and damaged.
- Changed the screenshot path to the game's persistent data path, under a Screenshots directory. This fixes taking a new screenshot overriding the previous screenshot in builds.
2.5.4 (September 15, 2018)
- Converted Nytro's wheel material from a solid color to a gradient.
- Improved and added sparkles to water breaching particles.
- Optimized explosive barrel materials.
- Fixed blank screen on OpenGL.
- Fixed localization being missing for the input settings menu header.
2.5.3 (May 1, 2018)
- Added color grading to the grassy hub.
- Fixed bunny spark particles always emitting.
2.5.2 (April 6, 2018)
- Added a lock icon to portal labels.
- Removed intentional glitch effect from keycard hologram, as it was visible through some walls.
- Deleted unused desert music.
- Added icon for the game's executable.
2.5.1 (April 4, 2018)
- Added floating portal labels.
- Added stuff to an existing Easter egg location.
2.5.0 (April 1, 2018)
- Added some special functionality to an existing Easter egg.
- Added another small Easter egg.
- Fixed part of dam's back wall that was sticking out too far.
- Fixed getting stuck on part of the crystal cave's entrance.
- Fixed gravity unintentionally affecting glide fall speed slightly.
- Reduced unnecessary shadow casters.
- Removed unnecessary colliders from distant objects.
- Moved camera input inversion settings to the input settings menu.
2.4.2 (March 24, 2018)
- Fixed the pause menu shrinking in thinner resolutions.
- Fixed bunnies exploding on the shortcut whirlwind.
- Fixed some sounds not being affected by volume sliders.
2.4.1 (March 23, 2018)
- Fixed being able to walk up some very steep slopes.
2.4.0 (March 22, 2018)
- Added support for multiple save files.
- Changed save file extension from txt to sav.
- Enabled loading of Nytro's health from save files.
2.3.0 (March 19, 2018)
- Added a basic title screen with buttons for continuing and creating a new game.
- Added culling to distant collectible, container, and bunny blob shadows.
- Enabled GPU instancing on more materials.
- Fixed cursor being hidden when backing out of submenus.
2.2.5 (March 16, 2018)
- Fixed builds using the wrong default quality settings.
2.2.4 (March 16, 2018)
- Added a setting to toggle automatic saving (enabled by default), available at the bottom of Settings > Game.
2.2.3 (March 15, 2018)
- Added mouse and gamepad sensitivity settings.
- Fixed some camera jitter.
2.2.2 (March 13, 2018)
- Fixed camera sometimes orbiting the wrong way around in lazy follow mode.
- Fixed camera looking to the side when charging into something in lazy follow mode.
- Made fish navigate around player.
2.2.1 (March 12, 2018)
- Added level of detail variants for bolts, barrels, and pine trees.
- Fixed performance regression from previous update.
2.2.0 (March 11, 2018)
- Added fan flower shortcut (whirlwind equivalent).
- Made it easier to jump onto plains wall pillars.
- Filled in gap between dam terrain and plains wall.
- Fixed camera detecting dam's water through terrain.
- Fixed world seed point light going out at some angles.
- Fixed some clipping and floating grass.
- Fixed cracks in the shadows of some objects.
- Fixed ambient volume setting not affecting the crystal fissure portal's ambient sound.
2.1.1 (March 9, 2018)
- Fixed floating in the air caused by the previous friction fix.
- Improved dam collision.
2.1.0 (March 9, 2018)
- Added bolts to the top of the dam's wall.
- Increased Nytro's slope limit from 40 to 50.
- Fixed getting stuck on things while sliding past them.
- Improved terrain shading around the last jump before the woods and the cave's exit.
- Cleaned up a bunch of unused objects from the blockout phase.
- Fixed unintended player rotation at low frame rates.
- Fixed a mushroom spot sticking out of the bottom.
- Patched a hole in the plains terrain.
- Fixed getting stuck in some areas.
- Added a couple of secrets.
- Replaced prototype scene with a grassy hub world.
- Reduced Nytro's electric sneeze attack range by 1.5 meters.
- Separated Nytro's electric sneeze attack start point from her head location, to make aiming more reliable.
- Increased bolt grab speed from 8 to 12 meters per second.
- Increased underwater drag from 0 to 1, and increased underwater charge speed from 0.35 to 0.5 to compensate.
- Reduced explosive barrel chain reaction charge time from 0.5 seconds to 0.4 seconds.
- Reduced explosive barrel charge time to 0.2 seconds when hit with electricity.
- Reduced bolt jump arc height by half to reduce vision obstruction.
- Made collectible rotation timing identical every scene load by using consistent random seeds (for speedrunners).
- Added show totals button (tab on a keyboard or start/back/left special button on a gamepad).
- Added setting to enable pausing on charging into things and disabled it by default.
- Added post processing toggle settings for volumetric fog, contrast enhance, bloom, and ambient occlusion.
- Improved Nytro's underwater charging animation.
- Improved hit particle effects.
- Improved container and collectible materials and lighting.
- Fixed (prevented) swimming outside of water volumes, for swimming off of the dam.
- Fixed settings not loading properly when the loaded value is equal to the associated internal variable's default value.
- Fixed screen settings load issues, particularly on Linux.
- Added pause menu with settings.
- Added lazy follow as an additional camera mode and set it as the default mode for gamepads.
- Companion bolt grab radius is now based on health (1 meter per health).
- Player now respawns with 2 health instead of 3.
- Added gear-shaped fade transition on start and respawn.
- Pulled ground check raycasts in to better match Nytro's collider.
- Updated global models with new materials.
- Enabled anti-aliasing (SMAA).
- Added animated frog and searchlight bomber models, for previewing.
- Fixed jump state not resetting on landing.
- Fixed camera orbiting in small steps rather than in one constant motion.
- Fixed swimming pitch being automatically corrected instead of yielding control to mouse input.
- Made it easier to rotate underwater without unintentional pitching.
- Fixed volumetric fog clipping slightly through bottom of pool.
- Brightened up golden gear material.
- Added small sphere check to the end of companion's bolt vision check, in case a bolt is clipping slightly through another object.
- Added basic player damage reaction.
- Bolt total is shown on collecting the first and last bolt. Gear total is always shown on collecting a gear.
- Added volumetric fog to the level's skirt.
- Repositioned some terrain to prevent getting stuck.
- Fixed camera clipping.
- Look input will now be applied to charge direction when the camera is not in follow-only mode. Also applies underwater.
- Fixed hitch on first entering water, caused by loading fog shaders for the first time.
- Fixed charging not breaking containers in some cases.
- Updated camera plugin and modified camera speeds to compensate for altered algorithms.
- Improved player intent reading while underwater.
- Added Mac and Linux support (both untested).
- Fixed dry charge sound playing while charging underwater.
- Initial release