At last i can play, with some reported crash still, but better than previously. I played the demo months ago, too, and it made me want more.
So, version 0.32
I played only a little, to mission 4 here i get destroyed. My main is a sniper, and i recruted 2 people at first, + the freed hostage. I have a sniper (gladiator?), a soldier, a shortrange guy (but cannot equip shotgun as the game crash), and the hostage still level 1, with a SMG.
- First, i don't like the actions system you have, similar to the 2 newest XCOM (i dislike them a lot). I much, much, much prefer a "time units" system, like the good old Xcom, or UFO:AI, or the excellent lovely Xenonauts (yes i love it and i think it's the best iteration of xcom games with Open XCOM). So i guess i need to accept that "two actions per turn" horror, and pass on it...
- When i move and spot an enemy, i'd like to be able to change my path, like go back or at least stop going straight to the enemy. That's one of the many parts why a dislike the "2 actions per move" system.
- More stances. Crounch, on the ground, stand, walk, run, crawl...
- Early death seems to be lethal. With 2 toons it's impossible to go on. So i propose to add a special tool or skill to the leader (the main character, the first one i get to pick). Revive one toon per "region". You can't save the revive for the next region, so you can never get 2 revive tools. If your main survive, you can walk on you dead mate and use revive. Once per "mission pack".
- Should be able to go back from the select-mission-screen, to the upgrade-my-toons-screen (the Base ?). Until i actually start the mission, i should be able to rearrange my team anytime.
- Manual pan camera is stuck when it's enemy's turn. Would be better to have it alway under control.
- I'd like to double-click Overwatch, Defence and others, instead of having to click, move a little up to reach the tooltip, click again co confirm.
- I'd prefer to click and drag the minimap, instead of click it to open a larger and quite useless map in the middle of the screen.
- I'd prefer to see raw numbers for life and armor and all, instead of colored bars.
- I'd like to have less rogue-like, more tactical gameplay... I'm not sure but it seems my Base doesn't keep track of loot i got, so if i don't assign them right after the mission, it's lost. Also i'd like more inventory management, with side weapon, slots for grenade, trowable torch, nightvision device, exloration drone etc.
- Would be great to have an actual base to build, inside a submarine maybe. Not something you can move inside in real time, but maybe something like Starbound's ship, or like Codex of Victory. You could leave or pick your crew, have a building for research new tech, store loot, trade maybe, train the troops you don't bring with you, add a bonus to some abilities and so on.
- It's not always obvious to read the tiles. Is that a cover, or is it an explosive barrel i should avoid ? Is it an impassable wall, or some obstacle i can destroy or use as cover ?
- When i target an enemy i see a % to hit. When i click a tile to move closer, i'd like to see an updated value before i move, so i can make smarter decisions.
Global first impression is "could be better". I also now i want to see more, so it's good.