Hey all, Any_Key here with an odd custom block for all of you.
My palette block allows you to save and load custom pallets that by default will overwrite six of the default materials so you can achieve a consistent color and texture style across your new Asset Forge assets. This block is somewhat hacky and originally was conceived to exploit a bug that Kenney has now fixed, but here's what I've got so far:
- Download and extract the palette folder into /Collections/
- There are two blocks included by default, one that has the default palette applied and one that has a custom palette.
Making a Palette
- To make a custom palette build your model and get it looking all pretty like and SAVE the model.
- Once you're happy place a block in your scene and it should take the properties of some of the materials you've edited.
- Apply any materials you want to save that weren't already put on the block to a face.
- Delete everything but the palette block.
- Move the palette block to 0, 0, 0 and Export the 3D project as .obj to /Collections/Palette
Using a Palette
- Start a new project and place the Palette you want as your first block.
The materials used in a Palette, in the order they appear in the Materials selection, are:
Default - The white color used in many blocks
Tire - Used on tires, roof racks, and many grey/black blocks
blueSteel - The blue material applied to the majority of vehicle and aircraft parts
orangeSteel - The tops of cars and hood/bonnet covers
glass - It's glass
wood - Used mostly in the buildings packs