Ok didn't know it can still receive inputs didn't really even think of that to be honest I will fix that.
Recent community posts
1. Didn't think about that I will fix that for the next build
2. I will mess with the gravity scale a little to try and fix the floatiness. With the horizontal movement I made some improvements and I think what feels off to you is that fact that as soon as you stop pressing on the key the cube immediately stops. I did this on purpose to make the movement a little unique.
3. That's a good idea I will do that for the next build.
4. Agreed, this is still just a demo so I haven't spent a whole lot of time on the music. I plan is to add an instrument for each color that is added so the level 1 music will stay about the same but the others will have more to it.
5. Why not use Time.timescale = 0 for pausing? Do it cause problems for the game?
The game is a long way from being released on steam. This is just the demo, it will be much better when it's time to release it on steam and I am proud of what I have done.
I appreciate the feedback, I'm guessing that you can probably tell that this is the first game that I have made. I think you're right about a lot of what you said and I plan on fixing a lot of these issues in a future update. I wanted to make the game challenging and not punishing because like you said video games were created to be enjoyed but it seems like I missed the mark. For the movement I followed a fairly simple YouTube tutorial that I think was a good starting point but not a good final product. I'll do some more research or in other words watch more YouTube videos on how to improve the movement system. On level 2 you can actually jump on all of the platforms without bouncing off the enemies some of them are just very hard to do. But once again I think I made it too hard and should add something to make it a little easier. I also need to do a better job at making things more clear for the player so they know what there supposed to do. Once again I appreciate the rant and I will try to make the game more enjoyable.