Great Game. Nice Puzzles.
Recent community posts
It is the 6th day. My game Is just finished. I will not be updating it anymore. This Jam is fun. I have learned a lot about coding and a lot of lessons. I do hope you enjoy my game. The game is called Productive Player. It is very addicting. Hopefully this isn't the last Game Jam that I do.
ALLLLLLLRIGHT! I AM BAAAAAAACK!!!! I feel much better now. Now I made a second demo :D
Also I have no idea why it is always 25 Megabytes...
Also Also for the people who downloaded the demo and saw the bug where you get millions with a couple of clicks, I fixed that as well as made an ending.
Also Also Also
I have learned a lot about making games. My first lesson since joining this game jam was about time management. My second lesson I just learned is to not overwork yourself.
Just Like Jonas Tyroller said, "If you overwork yourself, you will have less motivation."
So I made a little bit of progress for the second half of my game. I got plenty of time. No video for today because there isn't much to report on.
Well, this IS your first game, start simple. every tutorial recommends a simple project. Go with your first idea. It sounds really simple, I think I saw Jonas Tyroller do something like that except you need to harvest as much as possible and its in 2D. Lettuce Farmer is perfect for you :D
First day, lots of progress done!
Edit: I forgot to mention that I will be putting more materials in the game. This day was setting up the basics (and some extras because I did the basics in a few hours)
Will you keep working on this? I think it is too soon to post a game.
Especially when there is input delay and you could have multiple points (and fail conditions)
I recommend you keep working on this.
Edit: Great job! I see that you made changes and Fixed a few things! Keep up the good work!
I'm very happy to be here! I see everyone else doing a devlog, so lets do that!
As usual, I will be making my game in unity. I will focus on making a downloadable version. No web versions. The game I am going to make is an idle game.
This part is made from text, but I will do the later devlogs out of a video format.
Here are some goals: I want to have at least 15 minutes of gameplay. I want to finish a game so I can get into a mindset to finish multiple games in the future.
Keep In mind I am learning Unity more and more every day! I, also, have never made an idle game before.
1. My name is Daniel. I'm not going to include my last name.
2. I did not participate in the last game jam. I am joining this jam so I can get better at programming. Also might start improving my modeling at this jam because my table looks like two staples stuck together.
3. I like all things equally except sports games. Those are not my taste. Actually, it was a friend that got me to study games and how they work (not from programming but looking at what happens) I then started studying games on Roblox. I made mental notes about what works and what doesn't
4. Yes, I have plenty of experience with Roblox LUA and wanted to learn more about the coding in Unity. I watch a tutorial, see what they do, and replicate it. I then try to go by memory about what to do. If I don't remember, i go back to the tutorial. Mindset is key :D
5. V I D E O G A M E S.
6. To make a working game that has cool mechanics and feels good. I am not worried about art. That is something that I can learn another time.
10. multiple themes is something I don't see. I wonder if you can do that?