Hey all, I'm Max. I'm a high-school student who's been making games for a couple of years now. Here are the deets:
WHAT CAN MAX DO?
I do programming in Gamemaker:Studio, game design, and music. If you want to team up with me, I have no particular preference as to which of these I contribute, but it is worth noting that I can only really contribute programming if we use Gamemaker (and it's fine if we don't!). Also I'm very keen on getting some practice doing game music, which I have a little less experience with. So yeah, I'll do whatever we decide is best for the project!
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF THINGS MAX HAS DONE?
Check out my games here,
OTHER THINGS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT MAX?
- I have done four gamejams, three of them Ludum Dares.
- I've been using Gamemaker since I started making games (Somewhere around 3 years ago). I've been a musician for longer than that, but my experience making music for games is fairly minimal.
- I'll be available the whole jam weekend, and Monday afternoon. (Note: Eastern standard time here)
- I'm pretty open-minded as far as what kind of game I want to make, but I'll briefly define the type of games I like below so that you have an idea of what I'm into. It wouldn't be good for anybody involved if we are just polar opposites in terms of what we want to make. That said, I'm sure we'll get along fine!
- I want to make, in short: Meaningful experiences, things that go a little beyond the sum of their parts and connect with the player in some way.
Ok, sorry if that was lengthy. If you're interested you can contact me right here, on twitter @thickspit, or at firstname.lastname@example.org