1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
I'm Ivory, queer and agender (they/them). I work part-time as a contract writer for a video game company, but also write a ton of fic for various fandoms.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
I didn't because I had no time due to a Mandarin immersion program I was in. And I'd really like to be able to make a game of my own from scratch, which has been on my mind a while. This will give me the impetus to actually sit down and do it.
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
I love way too many games, but some faves are Black Closet, Fallout New Vegas, and the Persona series. However, I'd honestly say that my exposure to a lot of indie projects and games (thanks to my friend Olivia) is what gave me the inspiration to want to make my own.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
Beyond fussing around in Twine for some small projects, not really. My job is solely on the writing side, so I don't do any of the dev work.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
Putting more explicitly nonbinary characters into video games! I've already done it once, but that's nowhere near enough. Also LGBTQ+ history is a big hobby of mine.