It's me again. Could you add 'Survival horror' and 'Multiple endings' tags to your game? It'll help to spread your project to more gamers!
Recent community posts
Thanks for your and Razumi's replies! Totally worth the month and a half wait (and being a hardcore horror fan)!
I've been wondering about something regarding Luana...is she Peruvian? I've noted some of her dialogue is in a foreign language and some of the dishes she brings up when talking to Waite. Also a suggestion: when you reach a download milestone, will you be doing a celebratory illustration featuring the main characters dressed as the main toon trio of Bendy and the Ink Machine with Luana as Alice Angel, Waite as Boris the Wolf and Rowan as Bendy? Their personalities certainly match up with those characters!
Wow...that was quite the ride! Managed to get all endings in one afternoon. Personally of all the story conclusions, I like Rowan's romance ending (Waite doing the whole 'Keeping my best friend and her new (weird) boyfriend in line' thing was really hilarious) and the ones where the boys go yandere over Luana and she's forced to fight them at the cost of her own sanity. Love our heroine's dynamic with Waite in particular and his rapport with Rowan. After all, Waite does have his reasons to distrust the random dude who shows up in his inherited house but is forced to trust him despite his attitude towards other people. The spooks were sufficiently brought with certain CGs and descriptions of the monsters roaming the residence. Kind of like trying to describe Ink Bendy and failing , weirdly enough.
There's one CG that I haven't managed to unlock yet. It's the one at the center of the first Gallery page. Will wait to see more content from you!
Woo hoo~! Your game's finally out!!! Now reading through a portion currently. Found a bug regarding the music player not working when clicked on. Everything else is working fine. Liking the style of the GUI. Will give a full review when I complete the game...possibly in the next few days!
I will be! Admittedly, with the distractions of my favorite cartoons launching new seasons and new indie games releasing soon, I might forget about this gem...but since I'm now following you and I check my email inbox weekly, there's no problems on that front.☆
P.S. Waiting for the complete version of Home's Embrace to hit this storefront! Are you excited as I am?
No, thank you for your courage to get this project out into the world! ♡
One more question: Is Reina actually a magical girl whose powers unknowingly manifested in bringing her plushies to life and granting them human forms since she was small?
- Include CGs of sleepy!Reina in nightclothes at the start of the game and her picking up and looking at her (final version edition) old stuffed animals after she finds them in her closet(w/changing expressions; suprise then reminscing mode with a smile on her face)!
Hi Neru! I've been following your project's progress from the Lemmasoft Forums and hope you're dong better after that operation you had in mid March! Congrats for releasing your project's demo on Itch.io! You've earned a follower for your team~
So I decided to take a look at the Features section of the main post for your game on the Lemmasoft Forums some time before the demo released and a lot of ideas sprang up in my head. This is gonna be a long comment so I'm splitting it into three sections: First Impressions, Suggestions and Questions About InTWoN.
First Impressions (Blind playthrough)
The background for the cafe scene could use some people in the seats and the customers could look up at the player for added weirdness when Reina sips her just ordered coffee.
I like Leo's design and Bear looks to be the big brother type to his fellow Dreamchasers (justified by the latter being the oldest of Reina's toys)
- Create two custom UI designs for the waking world and dream realm sections of the game.
- Use small tabs with chibi faces of the MC and her love interests to denote event illustrations on the far left side of the screen for the common route and each of the boys' story paths respectively in the CG gallery. Buttons for the other menu sections at the bottom of the screen.
- Implement that Reina X Bear doodle that aehtrv drew while designing the characters at the start of March as one of Bear's route CGs!
- Achievements section in the Extras menu with 'Exceptional Dreamer' being the name for the achievement for 100% completion of the game
- Put in a short point-and-click sequence for Reina's (tidied) bedroom so players can learn about some info about her childhood and adolesence
- The game could use backgrounds for other parts of Reina's house (Dining room, front hallway etc.) and sprites for our heroine's parents
- Add 'Otome', 'Multiple Endings' and 'renpy' tags to the drop down "More information" menu
- Extend the intro sequence after the MC wakes up at the start of the game to provide a bit of background info on anything that may be of interest to players
Questions About InTWoN
- How far are you in writing regarding the routes?
- Since you mentioned that InTWoN is a working title will it change or remain as it is for the final release?
- Will the complete edition be free/pay-what-you-want?