Good stuff here as always. I did not encounter any bugs during my gameplay. Here are some additional thoughts:
- I can't remember if this is new since the last beta, but I love the train level – I've always been a fan of dynamic "living" levels in video games.
- The new sound effects - I definitely wanted to like them, but I am not a huge fan. By this I mean specifically the explosion sound effects…the other little things like the tinny patter of a bomb landing on a metal surface sound good.
- I know what you're going for here – the silly idea of a person making a bomb noise fits with the mood of the game. Normally I'd be all for that, and I think it's a good idea on paper. But while listening to the sound effects was funny for a minute or so, it unfortunately became kind of grating after that. This might sound kind of weird, but I think it has to do with the fact that making this noise requires moving a good amount of saliva around in your mouth, which is a bit gross to listen to over and over.
- I could definitely be in the minority here, and if so absolutely keep the sound effects as they are. I'm wondering myself whether this opinion is just an eccentricity of mine or not. I think it would be a good idea to get feedback from a lot of people on this just to be sure, since it's something people will hear over and over when they play the game. You could even post a clip of the effects online and run a poll.
- Single-player felt strangely Easy, until I noticed that the AI level had been set to Easy by default. Maybe the default should be Medium?
- Not sure if this was intentional and it hasn't changed since the last beta I played, but the smoke cloud pattern kind of reminds me of the trees in A Link to the Past. Nice bit of nostalgia there :)