lmao I recommend Godot, it's MUCH more lightweight, free and opensource.
Recent community posts
- Sublime Text 3, cool code editor: https://www.sublimetext.com/3
- Blender, free 3D model editor: https://www.blender.org/
- MagicaVoxel, free VoxelArt (3D models) editor and renderer. Easier than Blender: https://ephtracy.github.io/
- PixelArt Editors: https://lospec.com/pixel-art-software-list (the lospec site also contains many useful pixelart palettes)
- Sound generator for your game: https://www.bfxr.net/
- For mindmaps and creating concepts: https://github.com/juzzlin/Heimer
- If you prefer to create music by tracker-like approach: Renoise https://www.renoise.com/
- Map editor, supported by many game engines: Tiled https://mapeditor.org/
- You should also use some task manager, for example Trello. Or just a plain text todo list.
- Game idea generator: http://orteil.dashnet.org/gamegen
TIC-80 - not as cool as Godot, but it's a fantasy computer that can be used to create minigames, definitely worth checking: https://tic.computer/
You still have more than 24 hours, plenty of time to do at least a little game
I think there should 2-week time with only 1-week devtime in the next jam, like in fc1
"Everything has to be made during one week. (Choose only one of the two weeks.)"
Not bad, however there are a few things that would need polishing.
Waves sometimes are too hard, without visible empty space.
I'm not sure if ammo packs are random, but I couldn't find any a few times.
Also rockets could be more intelligent and less spammy.
It turned out that the best strategy is to shoot everything you have almost instantly, with small breaks = 50% boss hp, a few seconds after start.
Keep up the good work
Ps I couldn't make it to the end :(
Thank you for you comment!
It is possible to make dialogues appear faster by pressing enter, but I'll try to increase the overall speed anyway.
The role of the minigame should be larger, I guess.
Also thanks for playing our game on a stream, can't wait to watch it on yt.