Thanks for trying it out! And great feedback.
- I'll reduce the slow mo effects, and the death time. I can see how that would be annoying.
- I might make the flying bug have one health, and add a telegraph to the spore monster with some flashing red maybe.
- Samurai should usually have a door. But I can also give him an attack if you try and jump over him.
- There is music! I just have it all disabled because I'm tired of hearing it over and over while devving. Forgot to enable it. Here is one track if you wanna hear: https://preecedev.tumblr.com/post/157629320754/the-dank-sounds-of-the-tenements
- I'm going to have "region" text when you enter different areas. "Memorial Cathedral", "Frogtown Ruins", "Tenements", Depths", "Sewer", "Infinite Terrace", etc
- Messages are currently pretty random. Once I finish the geometry and polish the world up, I'm going to do a pass where the history and character of the world and Frauki are elaborated. Then the messages will be more coherent. But I do like when she says random silly stuff :) I think of it a bit like flavor text.
- Orbs use is a WIP. I've tried a bunch of things but nothing has quite felt right. They can't really be gating anything important or the player will feel compelled to farm them. Most simple is just a DKC banana situation.
- Probably going to end up adding a few checkpoints. Only shortcuts was my goal but I'm not sure if its possible. Which parts had you running 5 minutes?
- Attacking through walls has been fixed in the working build