I’m leaning towards releasing a short demo in the next couple of months. Stay tuned!
Recent community posts
Hi, I should point out that the new release is a remake of most of the original game (levels, enemies, mechanics) in order to fulfill my vision for a high quality game. This new game will play quite differently from the first, but it will still be familiar. This is why development is taking so long. I hope to get the game out there in a big way as soon as it is ready.
Anyways, I am happy to answer your questions.
1. No planned release date yet. I am hoping to get a trailer (maybe even a free demo) released in the next couple months.
2. I have not decided on a price yet but there are always other ways to get a game.
3. Easter eggs are pretty likely.
4. A level editor would be awesome, but it's not going being worked on for a while since I am focusing on the game itself.
5. Multiplayer would be even more awesome, but that would force me to rewrite a lot of code and spend even more time balancing said multiplayer once it works. I am focusing on the singleplayer experience for now.
By the way, once the trailer is out, I'll be making an official Discord server. Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely be more generous with lighting and clarity in the future!
If you want to see how the (work-in-progress) version looks now, feel free to check some of my Twitter posts. There's some ambient light, but now I might tweak it to brighten up the indoor levels.
There is a new level in the "prototype" v0.3.0 using some unique enemies and other content. The original was made during Ludum Dare game jam, and has less content.
I was initially planning to continue expanding the prototype, but I am now working on a completely reworked full release of the game. Eventually there will be some more info about that. Thanks for your interest!
I haven't heard an issue like that before, it must be a graphical problem. I would recommend downloading the standalone game if it is having issues rendering in the browser. Change the graphical preset to something different if that doesn't help. Sorry for the trouble!
1. I am not sure yet
2-3. Browser support is not planned
5. I plan to make an official Discord server
7. Not sure yet
8. Multiplayer is not planned (this would make development even slower)
9. Easter Eggs will appear
10. A level editor is not planned but is desired!
- I do not plan to make the game free.
- The game is not close to being finished, but I would give it another year.
- Don't worry, I'm glad you're interested!
- The game "style" is subject to change, but the animated .gif photos represent what I've been working on with the game.
- I don't mind the questions. News has been slow recently but it will pick up again when I've made more progress.
Funny interpretation of the theme! I also loved the damage indication, it felt really good. My only comment is that the idea isn't used to change up the usual cycle of leveling up and increasing damage output. Fun game though!
A nice little game! I felt like it boiled down to just waiting to thrust at the right time, then going around the occasional asteroid. Not sure how to fix that, though. I had fun with the one-button inertia gameplay anyways!